Login not working

Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
FishingFool
Commodore

Re: Login not working

Post by FishingFool » Tue May 28, 2019 10:51 am

And it's happening on Edge again. Firefox seems to be fine, cant tell for sure since it still has me logged in somehow on the FF browser. I usually have to login when I get to the forums.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Tue May 28, 2019 11:43 am

The majority of issues for logins have been fixed, however, it often requires a password change to take affect. If you're logged in across different browsers your cookie will automatically log you in, but, if the cookie expires in one and you haven't changed your password since the update you will need to change your password to get it working.

The issue revolved around the encryption strength we were using for our passwords. A routine in the forum decided it wasn't strong enough (even though it was) and automatically upgraded password encryption which rendered the passwords unusable until reset.

TLDR:

Change your password. Login in again for each browser, problem shouldn't return. If needed, use the link above the login box to clear your NWFR cookies for each individual browser.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Wed May 29, 2019 2:46 pm

All good here. Chrome, internet explorer and android all working great.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"