New issues with staying logged in?

Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

New issues with staying logged in?

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Just wondering if there has been an increase with users having trouble logging in via cell phones, etc. lately.
My home computer never comes un-logged.

The cell phone though will have to re logged into all the time, but this week I seem to have to do the 'Clearing Cookies' trick.. and this used to work, but as of today it doesn't make a difference if I clear my cookies. Cell phone, iPhone will not log in at all. ](*,)

Also, this obviously not as important, but.. it used to be that when you got an email alert that there was a response to a forum thread you were following.. that when you clicked on the response, it would take you to NWFR. Then, if you were not currently logged into NWFR, you would log in, AND then at that point it would re-direct right to the forum response that you had been alerted to.

Seems like maybe since that last upgrade, when you get routed to logging in, the email alert to your thread.. then once logged in, you just get dumped on to the home page of NWFR, and then have to do multiple clicks to get to the forum/active topics page, and look for the thread that you originally had clicked on the email heads up for.

beeman
Petty Officer

Re: New issues with staying logged in?

Post by beeman » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 pm

I have the same log in issues on my phone.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Beeman, thanks for chiming in.
I came back to write this thanks post, and of course I couldn’t log in, so no reply from me.

Then 1/2 hour later I look at my phone, and I’m now logged in. )-:

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Beeman, OK.. apparently if you get an email alert on your iPhone/email, that you have a new comment on a thread you are tracking.. do not click on the link provided.
This of course will cycle you through log in attempts that go nowhere.
Open a fresh Google page, NWFR, go to the login tab, (I think next to the Forum tab)... approach your login from there. Then click your way to active topics, and find your thread.