A Friendly Reminder

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

A Friendly Reminder

Post by yooper_fisher » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:47 am

It's the 4th of July! Independence Day! And everyone loves to get out and celebrate. Who can blame them? I know I really enjoy a good 4th of July BBQ.

With that said, I'd just like to take a minute to remind everyone to be careful out there today. I'm not asking you to not have a bon-fire or not light of fireworks, but do it in a controlled, safe area. I will be going on shift shortly and patrolling for forest/brush fires and I very much want to come home tonight. You may think that it's too wet for anything to happen, but it only takes one spark or ember in the wrong spot to start something, whether it's the forest or the woodpile next to your home.

With that said; have fun, be safe, and if you see a little red fire truck driving around today give a wave [biggrin]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: A Friendly Reminder

Post by Amx » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:58 am

Ya don't think 'it' can happen? I'm sure this guy didn't think it would happen to him;

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Man- ... 35375.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

Interests: living

yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

Post by yooper_fisher » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:53 pm

You guys did good, I made it home without a single call today. Now lets see what tomorrow brings

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:15 am

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Rich ... 29075.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 am

War zone here. Two neighbors, one next door, the other about 2 blocks away, seemed to have a contest as to who could make the biggest boom, and the most booms. Worst it's ever been. Luckily the high pitched screaming things were fewer than usual. The neighbor has spent the last couple/few days digging and baning on steel. Now I think they were putting in a motor pit and LOTS of motors. It riveled what the cities do.
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:47 am

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/Oo ... 30865.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am

I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker