Arbor lake white center burien

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
jimmy29s
Petty Officer

Arbor lake white center burien

Post by jimmy29s » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:27 pm

hey any one that goes fishing at arbor lake in white center burien area be careful i found a guy passed out drunk down there last night around 5:30 pm cops where called its a problem down there but the cops are working on it there was a homeless guy living down there for a while but he got kick out of there awhile back its still a nice little lake just keep your eyes out and drinking alcohol in the park is not allowed like with most parks unless if you can get permit from the city

Iamfishing
Petty Officer

RE:Arbor lake white center burien

Post by Iamfishing » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:43 pm

and

tmusky1
Lieutenant

Post by tmusky1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:19 am

jimmy29s wrote:hey any one that goes fishing at arbor lake in white center burien area be careful i found a guy passed out drunk down there last night around 5:30 pm cops where called its a problem down there but the cops are working on it there was a homeless guy living down there for a while but he got kick out of there awhile back its still a nice little lake just keep your eyes out and drinking alcohol in the park is not allowed like with most parks unless if you can get permit from the city

Breathe man breathe

dave g
Warrant Officer

Post by dave g » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:44 am

after first reading your post, i admit i was thinking 'hmmm'. this was no huge surprize to me or most anyone else on here. BUT...after seeing todays news about the shootings at lk sammamish, i was thinking "holy s#!%"!!! it's no surprize that urban area lakes and parks are infested with urban dwellers. unfortunately that includes many low-lifes. personally i rarely, if ever, go to these areas. while a passed out drunk guy may upset you and not be what anyone wants to see, count your blessings that things aren't any worse than that. if you're not comfortable with the area you're visiting, go elsewhere. while you want to do what you can to keep it nice, it's not worth it to get in a twist about it, or worse, get into a confrontation for the wrong reasons......just my 2 cents
fishing may not be life, but it's a great alternative

urbanangler
Warrant Officer

Post by urbanangler » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:28 am

I fished at Arbor Lake once, and met a couple of shabby looking guys drinking big cans of cheap beer behind some bushes in the middle of the day. I chatted em up and one of them gave me some pointers on where and how to fish the lake. He had a little touble talking, but offered some decent tips it seemed. :)
==urban== please don't tell me to C&R or to fish your way, thank you

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:38 pm

one of my lunch break locations. 8-[

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

jimmy29s
Petty Officer

Post by jimmy29s » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:06 pm

yeah i fish there all the time i just wanted to warn people about this guy down there so if anyone see him or some one else down there drinking in the park they can warn them that the cops patrol it i see it there all the time it doestn bother me too much its just when they leave there trash every where or are passed out to the point where don't know if there even a live and there use to be worse going on down there in the past with shooting and gangs in the area it still happens from time to time at night

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:27 pm

I dont know what rock y'all been hiding under but drinking in public places has been going on along time. I live right off Seward Park. There is drinking smoking wacky backy and other stuff to. Where you all been hiding to think this dosent happen everywhere. I stopped fishing with 3 guys cuz they never knew when to stop drinking. Plus they operated boats with me the sober one.It may not be legal but if you arrested all the drinkers there would be no room in jails for the real bad guys.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.