sorry have to vent

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
countryboy87
Lieutenant

sorry have to vent

Post by countryboy87 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:25 pm

That being said i am getting really sick and tired of all this bashing people that are posting reports that include specific details and locations.. It is none of your business what other people do or do not do with their lives.. If someone goes out follows the laws and catches a fish or 10 and decides to report about it SO BE IT... And to the people who do report and then bash on people who ask where you were fishing GET A LIFE!! Now i know alot of people are just lazy and are just looking for handouts and have no will to go out and learn for themselves but there actually people who are new to fishing all together or just new to fishing in this area and looking for a pointer or 2. If you do not want to share information DO NOT POST!! Problem Solved. In 25 years that I have been fishing there is never a day I do not learn something and I could never be where i am today as a outdoorsman without the help of everyone over the years and I will provide anybody that asks me for advice, whatever i know that pertains to the situation.. Just my opinion and I know that everyones will not be the same and that is ok. Now that i have said all this lets get back to whats important.. FISH ON!!! :fish: :fish: :fish:

kokapaw
Petty Officer

Re: sorry have to vent

Post by kokapaw » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:23 am

Amen, well put.

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:04 am

Could not agree more! It's a matter of fact I think when people post secret locations, they are just bragging. I know that sometimes your told to Keep it quiet, But I've always felt this site was for learning and sharing so we can all become better.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:51 am

The mods on this site try our best to make sure all on this site are civil and family friendly but we also have lives outside of the site and miss things here and there. If you are bashed, harassed, threatened, etc. PLEASE report it to us and we can take it from there. [thumbup]
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:56 am

I think, as a mod, and a fisherman, and a civilian, that the original post is "RIGHT ON THE MONEY"!!!!!!

And sometimes a person might post a 'secret' report because that particular lake gets lots of pressure anyway, and the person doesn't want the lake to be overrun, or 'over run with meat fishermen'. Or it just could be like me = IT'S MY LAKE, STAY OFF! HAHAHA
Tom.

Interests: living

countryboy87
Lieutenant

Post by countryboy87 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:23 pm

Amx wrote:I think, as a mod, and a fisherman, and a civilian, that the original post is "RIGHT ON THE MONEY"!!!!!!

And sometimes a person might post a 'secret' report because that particular lake gets lots of pressure anyway, and the person doesn't want the lake to be overrun, or 'over run with meat fishermen'. Or it just could be like me = IT'S MY LAKE, STAY OFF! HAHAHA
Believe me i fully understand the mentality of my water stay away and thats perfectly ok but its when the people of this mindset start attacking others for trying to help that it grinds my gears.

countryboy87
Lieutenant

Post by countryboy87 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:The mods on this site try our best to make sure all on this site are civil and family friendly but we also have lives outside of the site and miss things here and there. If you are bashed, harassed, threatened, etc. PLEASE report it to us and we can take it from there. [thumbup]
And you guys do a pretty good job =D> .. In the 3 or 4 years ive been on here only seen a handful of posts ever get out of hand.. This was a generalization.. See it on alot of boards, on social media and have even seen it out in public.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Countryboy87,
In an effort to respond favorably regarding the sharing of info.
Speaking of your crawfishing enthusiasm... don't know where you live, but put sammamish rowing association into Google Maps. This is an access point on the Sammamish river. It is loaded with crawdads.
Also, Pine Lake Issaquah plateaux is a hot bed as well.
Check the regs. Pretty Sure Pine lake has an invasive species of crawdad, which may even have a larger limit allowed, but check for yourself. If you are into pollutants, etc. the ship canal near Fremont/Ballard is good as well.

countryboy87
Lieutenant

Post by countryboy87 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:31 pm

The Quadfather wrote:Countryboy87,
In an effort to respond favorably regarding the sharing of info.
Speaking of your crawfishing enthusiasm... don't know where you live, but put sammamish rowing association into Google Maps. This is an access point on the Sammamish river. It is loaded with crawdads.
Also, Pine Lake Issaquah plateaux is a hot bed as well.
Check the regs. Pretty Sure Pine lake has an invasive species of crawdad, which may even have a larger limit allowed, but check for yourself. If you are into pollutants, etc. the ship canal near Fremont/Ballard is good as well.
And don't we feel so much better getting this off our chest?? [flapper] All joking and smartassery aside thanks for the tips if I'm ever down that way ill have to toss a trap.. I'm up in Marysville so i hit a few local lakes and the river mainly

Burch8789
Angler

Post by Burch8789 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:43 pm

Howdy everyone,

I come to the forums for help after a month and a half of not catching diddly squat when it comes to crawdads, crayfish, mudbugs, etc. I bought a mesh cylinder trap at a local marine spot in Ballard and have used both hot dogs and cat food for bait. I did an overnight soak off the dock at the Sammamish Rowing Association and off the dock at Pine Lake. This morning I was around Gene Coulon after seeing something about the area between the boat launch and swimming area. Put two traps (yup, bought a second despite constant failure) in for a little over an hour and no luck.

After seeing a lot of activity from 2010-2011 and 2016 I wondered if the populations had adjusted in certain areas. I plan on going back to Pine Lake next weekend and moving around to different spots since it seems so promising. Looking for any guidance or help people are willing to give which I know is not the best ask. You can DM me if you don't want to post anything public about a spot or tips. Hoping to get this going while there is still some time left in the season and appreciate any help!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:16 pm

Burch,

Go up to Rattlesnake. Park.. walk down the parking side of lake, towards the opposite end of the launch, like 1500’ Walk down to shoreline, look for area with rocks on shore the size of your head.
Last weekend my and a friend, just snorkeled in 3’ of water, turning over rocks. Lots of mud bugs to be had.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:53 am

Use some fresh fish carcasses from the same water you wish to set your traps. Used to be a guy here who made, and sold, quality traps as well as crawfished commercially. His #1 rule for bait was use fresh carcasses and never use hot dogs or canned anything.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount