Oh Man, No Fishing for Me!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
rseas
Commander

Oh Man, No Fishing for Me!

Post by rseas » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:38 am

Yesterday I was southbound on I-5 near Conway when the truck vibrated for a second, shuttered and started hopping down the road. At one point the truck was sliding sideways but I was able to get it under control and safely to the shoulder.

While waiting for the tow truck my poor truck bled to death on the shoulder of I-5. I had it towed back to our shop and am nervously waiting to hear what they find.

I had just left the shop and was heading south to pick my wife up in Everett for a doctor's appointment. They had performed my routine service, replaced a serpentine belt and worked to check a small leak of ATF. The same shop had rebuilt the tranny about 8 months ago.

The damage was catastrophic. The transmission case is cracked in a number of places and rear mounts torn loose. The the transfer case and front drive line tore loose and I think that the rear drive line is bent. There are numerous other components, lines or wires that were also damaged. Basically it is a mess.

We have dealt with the shop for a couple years and a very good family friend is the shop foreman. He and his wife are our weekly dinner date couple so I know they will do us right.

In the mean time I guess there will be more chinook for the whales... The timing is the worst, I am completely addicted to chinook fishing and now is the time. There is something about chinook fishing that gets under my skin, I love the hunt! July and August I eat, sleep and dream chinook, it is all I can think about. I know, I openly admit that I have a problem...

hewesfisher
Admiral

Re: Oh Man, No Fishing for Me!

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:59 am

Time to borrow or rent a truck for your 'nook fix. [wink]

Sorry to hear of the issues with your truck and sincerely hope everything works out for you.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:41 pm

I’d say that equates to an open back seat to anyone with a 2” ball. :cheers: :-k :-"

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Post by 4n6fisher » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:19 pm

If you need any failure analysis on your broken pieces I can do that (www.simonforensic.com). See if there were material defects or something else. Also I have a Tundra with a 2" ball, just sayin (if I can ever find any free time)!

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Post by 4n6fisher » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:20 pm

Also the lab in is Warm Beach (old fire station) now not Shoreline.

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:34 pm

No problem. Just tell them you want a Ram 250 for a loaner while they fix your truck :)

Sounds like yours may be totaled - beyond what insurance will pay to actually fix - if that much went wrong all at once. You may be getting a new truck!

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Sorry to hear! Glad it happened close to home though.