Snohomish County/Lynnwood........... small park w/duck pond on 200th St.

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Spiny_Ray_Tracker
Petty Officer

Snohomish County/Lynnwood........... small park w/duck pond on 200th St.

Post by Spiny_Ray_Tracker » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:07 pm

I have passed by this park many times since my girlfriend lives in Lynnwood. The park is a small pond located on 200th St. in Lynnwood. I believe it is one street over from Scriber Lake. Anyone know if any fish exist in this little duck pond or if a person can fish there? I am also curious about knowing of any nearby waterways in the Lynnwood region that have spiny-rays to fish for.
2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130 Kayak
Outfitted for bass fishing

hawaiiboy396
Petty Officer

RE:Snohomish County/Lynnwood........... small park w/duck pond on 200th St.

Post by hawaiiboy396 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:16 am

There are large mouth bass in there. Supposedly there is suppose to be a nive 10 pounder in there. Lots of Milfoil though makes it extremely tough to fish. Water is also pretty dirty so I would really recommend CR.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:34 pm

It's full of bass. There are mostly dinks, but every once in a while you'll pull out a nice one. There are a bunch of neighborhood kids that fish there now, they're down there pretty much every day, slapping the water scaring the fish etc. though, so get there early in the morning before all the fish get spooked. I've done well fishing a weedless senko, bobber and worms and a vibrax spinner. Also had good luck on a topwater plug, wich is nice because they avoid the weeds.

HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Post by HULI_ISDA » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:01 pm

do you guys know the name of this lil pond? i wanna stop by and check it out.i live in edmonds so its a closeby fishing to pass time.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm

No name. I call it mini-park lake. It's kinda been my secret spot for a while, be nice to it! It's on scriber creek, so it's kinda a neat little place.

HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Post by HULI_ISDA » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:42 pm

@walt-wiltman

Oh I see is that the one a block away from park and ride? i was tempted to go fish on that pond before but heard no fish in there.dont worry i got respect for nature and people.it wont be spoild.any advice on a good spot around the lake?

Spiny_Ray_Tracker
Petty Officer

Post by Spiny_Ray_Tracker » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Wow! Some awesome replies so far on that little pond. I also noticed there is "back-water" area on the opposite side of the street......any fish in there or fishing access? It looks like some apartments or condos are around it. I'm pretty curious about these small waterways in the area. There seems to be a lot of "wetlands" and little creeks cutting through Lynnwood & Brier. Would anyone recommend Scriber Lake for catching perch or bluegill? Thanks!

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:07 am

Scriber lake has pumkin seed sunfish, bass and native cutthroat trout in it. It's a fun place to hang out with the turtles and nutria rats too. Never caught a perch from it, I go to log boom for them. If you look at the maps, which I do a lot, for some reason, Scriber creek connects all of those little ponds from 196th to well beyond 204th st before running over to lake washington. I think that's probably how the cutts got into scriber lake. I've fished several of them and frankly was surprised that there were bass there, I was hoping for carp, but was pleasantly surprised.

Spiny_Ray_Tracker
Petty Officer

Post by Spiny_Ray_Tracker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks for the info!

I will probably try to fish Scriber a little bit this weekend. See what I can drag out of the water. I appreciate all the great info.

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

Post by Bass Woody » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:25 pm

when I lived in Lynnwood about 7 years ago I would fish there. bass everywhere. fun. alot of the little hiden lakes in the lynnwood area are great for bass. I suggest that you hit any little lake or pond around there. I have and had great days! google maps and go. fun fun fun
LIP RIPPER

Spiny_Ray_Tracker
Petty Officer

Post by Spiny_Ray_Tracker » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Finally fished Scriber on Saturday evening (13th). One other person was on the dock fishing. The whole lake was glass and quiet. Saw a hawk chasing a Kingfisher bird around the lake. Pretty funny to watch. I got only a few little nibbles with using a worm. Saw many bass chase it and then just swim away. I decided to cast out farther from the dock and reel in slow. Got a strike! Reeled in the fish and found it to be a trout of some sort (possibly cutthroat?) The trout was very silvery with a darker back. Fish was about 12"-13". Ended up packing up and heading home.

SculpinKing
Petty Officer

Post by SculpinKing » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:33 am

Hello all,
Stumbled upon this thread (and website, actually) completely randomly. I live less than 5 miles away from Scriber lake (and the others). I tried fishing there once without success and had assumed there wasn't much in there, but I'm thrilled to hear I was wrong.

Looking forward to having a place I can hit up after work.
Last edited by SculpinKing on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:19 am

Welcome aboard SculpinKing. Urban ponds can be great.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

SculpinKing
Petty Officer

Post by SculpinKing » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:15 am

I dropped by this evening to try the duck ponds. During a quick walk around I noticed that the pond(s) were pretty shallow as far out as I could see. I through in a topwater bait just to see if I got any naive bass (I didn't) and switched over to worm and bobber. I quickly got a very small LM bass (6" or so). I moved over to the park side of the pond and eventually got an 8" trout. I didn't get a positive identification on if it was a rainbow or cutthroat because I came off the hook and started flopping on the ground so I wanted to get it back home with as little damage as possible. Nice, clean looking trout though, much healthier than I was expecting. Right after that I hooked another largemouth, this time a little more respectable, although still small. Probably 10" or so and maybe 1/2 a pound?

So nothing enormous but I still had fun and look forward to investigating the rest of the ponds nearby. Photos below.

edit: Nearly forgot. Most surprising find of the night was small ferret living in the bushes near the businesses. Probably someone's pet that they got tired of since it seemed pretty tame.
Attachments
WP_000022.jpg
WP_000022.jpg (408.11 KiB) Viewed 21906 times
WP_000022.jpg
WP_000022.jpg (408.11 KiB) Viewed 21907 times
WP_000026.jpg
WP_000026.jpg (365.21 KiB) Viewed 21909 times
Last edited by SculpinKing on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added info

rbico
Angler

Re: Snohomish County/Lynnwood........... small park w/duck p

Post by rbico » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:00 pm

my neighbors -- an older married couple -- were over the other day and said that this little pond is a place they like to go to sit and feed the ducks. They are not fishermen, but they said that some guy was walking out with a bass that was cloe to 2 feet long. An exaggeration for sure, but they said it was huge. Maybe that was the large bass of legend.

I am going to try it out this summer with my kid. Sounds promising.

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:45 pm

So there are bass in there!! What do you guys recomend to use? bobber and worm? or plastics? im probably going to try scriber lake and all those other ponds around this weekend!

SculpinKing
Petty Officer

Post by SculpinKing » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:18 am

I caught both small bass and a very small trout in there on a bobber and worm last year. I caught another small trout in Scriber on the same setup. Plastics might be worth considering for C&R purposes since there's no reason to keep anything out of these small, poluted bodies of water.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:41 am

a friend and i stopped at the pond on 200th last night for a wee bit, that thing is so overtaken by duck poop, gross... saw some neighborhood kids pull out a dink size bass.. we then went over to Scriber after that to take a look. i threw a couple different crank baits and then a senko close to the the lilly pads for about an hour and caught nothing, didn't see any signs of life either.. scriber looks super fishy (and kinda of nasty), i'd like to give it a try another time. i have a friend that lives close.. it was a good excuse to try it out..

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Did you try any other of the small ponds?

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:05 pm

FishingThePacNW wrote:Did you try any other of the small ponds?
no