Who fish's private lakes?

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BassinBomber
Admiral

RE:Who fish's private lakes?

Post by BassinBomber » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:36 pm

fear_no_fish wrote:thats a nice trout, i would take that any day
HaHa,..I normally would 2 but I caught a 6lb LMB in 2005 on this Lil Lake and since then nothing over 1.5lbs,..all the locals say they keep seeing BIG LMB in the lake,..LOL,..but I think they are misled,..some big holdovers is all,..the Perch have diminished and also the LMB population seems down,..also they haven't stocked the lake in a few years now,..allot of BIG Frogs and Crayfish 2,..I feel it's just another Stunted Lake,..2 bad really I was hoping Spawn would be good! Oh well,....

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

fear_no_fish
Captain

RE:Who fish's private lakes?

Post by fear_no_fish » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:51 pm

o well im more of a salmon steelhead guy myself i tend to stay with rivers and ocean so i like trout but bass are fun to catch too. my biggest was probably a 4lb large mouth
My rod and reel, they comfort me.
"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

obryan214
Commander

Re: Who fish's private lakes?

Post by obryan214 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:35 pm

A friends brothers friends grandmother has some land with a pond a couple acres on the key peninsula. I fished it once several years ago and it had some decent bass up to about 3 lbs and pumpkinseed. Pretty shallow and weedy. They've stocked it with rainbows along time ago but those are probably long gone. Some catfish are supposedly iin there, don't knowwhat species. Maybe someday I'll get the chance to fish it again.

TrackerPro16
Commander

Re: Who fish's private lakes?

Post by TrackerPro16 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:20 am

8 year old revive!
I used to live on a private lake. Most boats I ever saw on it at one time was two. No motors allowed. Took a bud that was a big time bass guy out in a canoe, him fishing, me paddling, and got to see some impressive precision casting in heavy weeds and water plants. He would look at a patch and tell me where he thought the best spot (small) would be and drop a lure into that spot. Most of the time he would yard out a very large bass.
One of the really fun things I would do is get a coffee can of bugs, lay on the dock and flick them into the water. There would be multiple species in a big circle looking at it. When one would go they would all try and get there first. Fun stuff.