Secret bass lakes

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
cavdad45
Commodore

RE:Secret bass lakes

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:49 pm

Fisherman_max wrote:i am planning to fish a small secret bass lake very soon, probably in 2 weeks at most. it is maybe an acre big and warms up fast.

no one fishes this lake and there are some large bass in it.
I know where you are going. Let's see... Lots of Russians fishing nearby at a swim beach? Pay to enter after Memorial Day? A van crashed into the nearby creek yesterday? Near I-5? Hmmmmmm............

TheOne
Warrant Officer

Post by TheOne » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:40 am

Sam Kafelafish wrote:
ChrisB wrote:Hey Sam, you gotta let me tag along to one of those lakes. I have a rediculous amount of tackle, and I'll let you use some of it for sure lol. In all seriousness, sounds like alot of fun. I have a few secret lakes I fish, nothing super productive.
I'm willing to let some of the regulars here on the site come along, as long as it's kept a secret after I show em the spot....
that would only be fair
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:59 am

I know of a good one I posted on here last time there was a topic like this but I bet 100% no one has checked it out. Its perfect for pontoons or small boats that two people can carry or if you have a wheel set up to push it.

As far as temps it doesnt heat up fast but the bass still move up early. The water is very very clear. Early season is the best time to get out there so If anyone wants to know PM me and Ill give you the low down. Its in the very extreme south end of kind county. Might even be Peirce.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:10 am

Skagit County's Little Cranberry Lake used to be one of my secret lakes but recently Mike added it to the lake index. It is a great little lake for hand carried craft. Check it out in the lake index and I bet one photo of the lake will make you itch to make a few casts into it.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:08 am

danielt, just PM'd you!
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:58 am

im gonna check it out on saturday or sunday danielt. will let you know how i do.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:43 am

tnj8222 wrote:im gonna check it out on saturday or sunday danielt. will let you know how i do.
Good luck out there tnj8222. I hope you will be suprised with the outcome. I'll try it soon.:-$

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:24 am

thanks. hopefully they like my jig
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:27 am

cavdad45 wrote:
Fisherman_max wrote:i am planning to fish a small secret bass lake very soon, probably in 2 weeks at most. it is maybe an acre big and warms up fast.

no one fishes this lake and there are some large bass in it.
I know where you are going. Let's see... Lots of Russians fishing nearby at a swim beach? Pay to enter after Memorial Day? A van crashed into the nearby creek yesterday? Near I-5? Hmmmmmm............

haha right on the money cavdad! you really have to fish it early or the weeds choke it out.

maybe you could tag along and fish it with me?
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:31 am

Don't use a jig there. Not now. Drop shot with about 16 inches of leader. Wacky rig. Weightless tubes. Suspending jerk baits. Don't fish the bottom. You will see what its like, they will be moving but up from the bottom. Not a top water bite just dont fish the bottom. Natural light colors. Light green, chartreuse, white...water is sooooooo clear. If you really really want to use a jig go light. Quarter oz with a trailer thats really going to slow the bait down.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:15 pm

danielt wrote:Don't use a jig there. Not now. Drop shot with about 16 inches of leader. Wacky rig. Weightless tubes. Suspending jerk baits. Don't fish the bottom. You will see what its like, they will be moving but up from the bottom. Not a top water bite just dont fish the bottom. Natural light colors. Light green, chartreuse, white...water is sooooooo clear. If you really really want to use a jig go light. Quarter oz with a trailer thats really going to slow the bait down.
gotcha. lake boren fishes very similar to that. so its right up my alley.
Anthony

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:57 pm

Hey Tnj. Can you send me directions to Lake Boren through PM. I have a friend that lives close to it, but I don't know how to get there. Thinking about hitting it someday in my little boat, after I hit a few in the federal way area :bounce:
aka Powerworm

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:54 am

ChrisB,
Take I 405 and get off at Coal creek parkway SE. Follow this for about 10 minutes and you will see the lake on your right through some trees. Turn right on SE 84th (the first right after you pass the lake) and then you will see the park on your right as soon as you turn onto 84th...Head into the parking lot, grab your gear and walk down to the lake...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:33 am

you can also park on the road, on the backside of the lake. alot less of a walk. btw you have to have a light boat or a boat with wheels, because you cant drive up to the launch. april is by far the best time to fish this lake for bass. at the launch theres always a 4 pounder under the log on the right hand side. it will be in the pads and you wont be able to see it though. i know this lake like the back of my hand, since i live very close to it. even planted a few rock piles for summer. jerkbaits crush them here.
Anthony

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:36 am

Thats awesome thanks. Sounds easy to find. I will have to try it out. How far of a walk is it with the boat?
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
aka Powerworm

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 am

about 75 yards if you park on the backside of the lake and not the parking lot. probably 200+ yards from the parking lot. i carried my 8 ft jon no problem, but its a really light boat. the battery was a pain though. its extremly clear water. at times 15 ft + visability, right now its at around 2- 3 feet visability.
Anthony

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:24 pm

btw If you get out there on a summer evening, Dont try a perch swimbait around the big dock. They dont work. :-"
Anthony

koryrasmussen55
Petty Officer

Post by koryrasmussen55 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:16 pm

i didnt know that lake boren was such a good lake for bass. i have always gone there but never knew this. could you give me some advice on what to use and where at on the lake?
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Now you gone too far Kory lol j/k. I can't wait to try the lake out, never been there so its always fun.
aka Powerworm

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:34 pm

koryrasmussen55 wrote:i didnt know that lake boren was such a good lake for bass. i have always gone there but never knew this. could you give me some advice on what to use and where at on the lake?
LOL. Read the post bro. He tells 3 different ways to fish for bass and plenty of info on where to catch them. I have never seen Lk Boren before and I feel with the stuff tnj has shared in this post I would have a pretty good shot at hooking into a bass. Might have to check it out sometime later in the year.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;