secret fishing lake/ponds????

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishing collector
Captain

secret fishing lake/ponds????

Post by fishing collector » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:59 pm

Has anyone fished the pond on 175th and meridian along the freeway north of Seattle? Or the ponds along 196th across from the Lynnwood city park? Post your answers here please.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:secret fishing lake/ponds????

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:11 pm

The pond your refer to on 175th off I-5, is Ronald Bog Park. It has been fished by just a couple people on this site. Last year Gringo Pescador caught a few fish in there, but I should let him chime in with his answers. I plan on taking my tube out there a little later in the spring.
I have not heard anyone speak of the other pond your talked about, but I am familiar with it.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Thanks for the info... I'm going to try them both this spring.... Tubing will be the trick in the Lynnwood pond but there is a dock there also..Lots of junk on the bottom. Maybe it will be my secret lake.... I know I'll have lot's of lures stuck to the bottom for all to catch.. :-)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

Matt19
Petty Officer

Post by Matt19 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:58 pm

The pond you are talking about off 196th is Scriber Lake I think. I'm not sure where you can put a float tube in on that little lake. Maybe around the dock. It is boggy with thick vegetation. Scriber Creek flows out of Scriber Lake and feeds 2 smaller ponds that are on either side of 200th.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:12 am

Meridian & 175th:
So, far I know there are Bass, Bluegill, & Bullhead cats in there (Check out the Secret Lakes Reports for "R.B.":-").
I have heard talk of there possibly being Carp & trout in there as well, but I cannot confirm that..yet.
I want to take my pontoon out there sometime and explore a little more as well.
There is also a beaver that runs from there to twin ponds off I-5 & 155th.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Rabbits
Petty Officer

Post by Rabbits » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:59 pm

Ronald's Bog is across the street from the church I grew up in. (175th/Meridian) I have fished it several times from shore. Good fishing. bass is all I caught.

Watch out for the giant goose, he will charge!
Rum is good.

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:32 pm

Thanks for the replys...as soon as I get this cast off I will look at the secrets hidden around my own back yard.... Good luck to all, the collector :-)

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:12 pm

I will check back and see what the Fish people say.... I don't know how it could be illegal... but you never know!

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Speaking of lakes/ponds off I-5 north of Seattle, is anybody familiar with Hall Lake? Looks good from the freeway when driving southbound. But other than a blurb in a fishing book, I can't find any info. thanks.
Suzanne

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:13 pm

hookemdanno wrote:Speaking of lakes/ponds off I-5 north of Seattle, is anybody familiar with Hall Lake? Looks good from the freeway when driving southbound. But other than a blurb in a fishing book, I can't find any info. thanks.
Private I think.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:38 pm

hookemdanno wrote:Speaking of lakes/ponds off I-5 north of Seattle, is anybody familiar with Hall Lake? Looks good from the freeway when driving southbound. But other than a blurb in a fishing book, I can't find any info. thanks.
That would be Haller lake, at 125th and Meridian Ave N. It is not private. There is public access on 125th on the direct West side of the lake, and a crummy access on 127th ish on the dead end street that butts up against the North end of the lake. I live almost walking distance. I have fished it only a few times and never caught anything. It is an interesting lake in that the bottom of the lake is mostly sand from what I can see. This makesit very clean appearing. I dragged a worm the whole way across the lake last year and never hung up once.
My friend has snorkeled it doing a little bass reconasence (sp?) He said he saw fish while doing so, but that was a couple years back.

4r7wHMg5Yjg

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:18 pm

quadradomus wrote:
That would be Haller lake, at 125th and Meridian Ave N. It is not private. There is public access on 125th on the direct West side of the lake, and a crummy access on 127th ish on the dead end street that butts up against the North end of the lake. I live almost walking distance. I have fished it only a few times and never caught anything. It is an interesting lake in that the bottom of the lake is mostly sand from what I can see. This makesit very clean appearing. I dragged a worm the whole way across the lake last year and never hung up once.
My friend has snorkeled it doing a little bass reconasence (sp?) He said he saw fish while doing so, but that was a couple years back.
No, it is Hall Lake. It's just south of the Alderwood mall. I know of Haller Lake, because it kept coming up when I was trying to get info on Hall #-o

Can anyone verify if Hall is private? Has anybody out there fished it for bass? thanks.
Suzanne

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:29 am

hookemdanno wrote:
quadradomus wrote:
No, it is Hall Lake. It's just south of the Alderwood mall. I know of Haller Lake, because it kept coming up when I was trying to get info on Hall #-o

Can anyone verify if Hall is private? Has anybody out there fished it for bass? thanks.
Try Halls with a "s" Just off the freeway down the street from the dump in Lynnwood on 212th. Phone Co. used to call the area Halls lake exchange cause their office was just up the street.....That lake is private.... I will go down their and ask someone as soon as I can. I noticed that some maps show it as Hall Lk.... I have lived less than 2 miles from it for 45years and always thought it was private....If it's not I'll go try to find an access... Maybe someone else might know more..... I spose it's time to try and see if Mini Park on 200th has fish .... So much to do and so little donuts.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:22 pm

fishing collector wrote:
Try Halls with a "s" Just off the freeway down the street from the dump in Lynnwood on 212th. Phone Co. used to call the area Halls lake exchange cause their office was just up the street.....That lake is private.... I will go down their and ask someone as soon as I can. I noticed that some maps show it as Hall Lk.... I have lived less than 2 miles from it for 45years and always thought it was private....If it's not I'll go try to find an access... Maybe someone else might know more..... I spose it's time to try and see if Mini Park on 200th has fish .... So much to do and so little donuts.
Yeah, that's the one :bounce: The washington fishing book says it's a small lake, poor to fair for bass. It looks good...houses with lots of docks around it. It does look it could be private, but the book doesn't say it is. If you find out let me know. I want to try it in my tube. thanks.
Suzanne

Matt19
Petty Officer

Post by Matt19 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:11 am

I'd also heard of Halls possibly having some perch and crappie as well. It looks like an inviting little lake but I don't think there is any access. All that I could ever see around it is houses and one large, open property with no trespassing signs.

If you try Mini Park on 200th, there is another little pond that is on the north side of 200th that looks like it could hold fish too.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:56 am

Can anyone verify if Hall is private? Has anybody out there fished it for bass? thanks. [/quote]

Sorry brutha#-o

4r7wHMg5Yjg

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:29 pm

quadradomus wrote: No, it is Hall Lake. It's just south of the Alderwood mall. I know of Haller Lake, because it kept coming up when I was trying to get info on Hall #-o

Sorry brutha#-o [/quote]

#-o Oops...it's actually sista. My name is Suzanne. The sign-on is a little misleading I guess. I think maybe I should change it.

Anyway, now I know all about Haller lake :sunny:
Suzanne

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:16 pm

Matt19 wrote:I'd also heard of Halls possibly having some perch and crappie as well. It looks like an inviting little lake but I don't think there is any access. All that I could ever see around it is houses and one large, open property with no trespassing signs.

If you try Mini Park on 200th, there is another little pond that is on the north side of 200th that looks like it could hold fish too.
I found that the WDFW planted 80,000 eggs in the Halls lake creek...So maybe some survived... There is a little year around pond just down the street from Kompact Kar Korner... Some kids I talked to said that they caught some skinny fish but didn't think they were trout... ANOTHER HIDDEN LAKE to explore... Secret places are up for exploration....

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:27 am

I was just looking at a 1970's Fishing in Washington book and it has a blurb about Halls lake. It says that Rainbows were planted in the 6 Acre lake by the state. The lake is located 1 mi South of Lynnwood between I-5 and Highway 99, adjacent to the North side of 212th. The fishing is best in the spring. An access is located on the East end of the lake.

I went by there the other day and on the east end of the lake you can see where people have been putting in float tubes. I don't think you could launch a boat there though. There is lot's of brush around the end of the lake. I suggest that you stop on 212th at the old gas station and walk down a 100 yards and see the lake and get the layout from above. As soon as I can I am going to give it a try. Good luck and have a nice summer, if it comes.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:24 pm

fishing collector wrote:I was just looking at a 1970's Fishing in Washington book and it has a blurb about Halls lake. It says that Rainbows were planted in the 6 Acre lake by the state. The lake is located 1 mi South of Lynnwood between I-5 and Highway 99, adjacent to the North side of 212th. The fishing is best in the spring. An access is located on the East end of the lake.

I went by there the other day and on the east end of the lake you can see where people have been putting in float tubes. I don't think you could launch a boat there though. There is lot's of brush around the end of the lake. I suggest that you stop on 212th at the old gas station and walk down a 100 yards and see the lake and get the layout from above. As soon as I can I am going to give it a try. Good luck and have a nice summer, if it comes.
Wow. Great info. thanks. It looks fishy doesn't it? Maybe I'll try it after work next week. If you go, let us know how you did.

Thanks again,
Suzanne
Suzanne