Using the Fishing Report Rating System

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Dave
Commodore

RE:Using the Fishing Report Rating System

Post by Dave » Mon May 19, 2008 9:32 am

I've always rated the fishing itself, as in the catch rate, not the trip.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:38 am

Hope everyone is enjoying the new rating system and it is giving more accurate ideas of the actual fishing. We had 749 reports posted in May!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:15 pm

thanks mike, i rated the trip. will change my rating method
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:02 am

Just an FYI for new anglers to the site. The rating system is based on actual fish catching, not experience. You can use the text of the report itself to talk up the experience of your fishing trip. I adjusted some reports with the recent big batch that came through. In case you're wondering why that "5" rating turned into a "1"...

The ratings are what generate the detailed historic reports we have and will continue to develop. Thanks everyone! :chef:

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu May 21, 2009 4:02 pm

Here's another tip to keep in mind with the fishing reports:

If you send a "report" but it's not an actual fishing report, rather, you use the report form to educate or inform anglers about an issue, the report will be deleted.

Why? Because the report forms are strictly for actual fishing reports. The FORUMS are for these other type of posts. We will try to contact the person that sends in the "report" so they can move it to the Forums, but if you aren't a registered member there is no way to contact you and the "report" will be deleted. I had to do this today for someone that send a Beaver lake "report".

The fishing reports generate actual data that is then used to create the historical fishing reports, so we want these reports to be real fishing reports only.

Thanks for your understanding!

andy525
Angler

Post by andy525 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:37 pm

:cheers:
Freshwater Lures and the Fish they Catch

Big D

Post by Big D » Wed May 05, 2010 5:56 pm

andy525 wrote::cheers:
Freshwater Lures and the Fish they Catch
SPAM...SPAM...SPAM...SPAM...SPAM...SPAM...SPAM...SPAM...SPAM...SPAM...SPAM
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

rickydbasser
Petty Officer

Re: Using the Fishing Report Rating System

Post by rickydbasser » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:22 am

I don't know if I'm the only one, but lately, when I tried to post a report, there were no stars next to the word, Rating. Then when I tried to post, it said I had to rate my fishing trip. But there was nothing to put my icon on. This happened last week. Haven't checked this week.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:30 am

rickydbasser wrote:I don't know if I'm the only one, but lately, when I tried to post a report, there were no stars next to the word, Rating. Then when I tried to post, it said I had to rate my fishing trip. But there was nothing to put my icon on. This happened last week. Haven't checked this week.
I beleive Aaron has resolved this - let us know if you run into it again.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:
rickydbasser wrote:I don't know if I'm the only one, but lately, when I tried to post a report, there were no stars next to the word, Rating. Then when I tried to post, it said I had to rate my fishing trip. But there was nothing to put my icon on. This happened last week. Haven't checked this week.
I beleive Aaron has resolved this - let us know if you run into it again.
Yes, I think its fixed. I do recommend downloading a second browser like Chrome for backup.