$6 baitcaster

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
spokey9
Captain

$6 baitcaster

Post by spokey9 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 am

I just bought one off Amazon. No clue if how good or bad it is but I took a chance at that price lol. If anybody else feels adventurous here's the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D4 ... UTF8&psc=1
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

DavidA
Lieutenant

Re: $6 baitcaster

Post by DavidA » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Well there ya go! Way out on a limb, but I for one am very curious as to what you will receive. Consider it an experiment. Your review will go a long way to impacting how this unit is perceived. I hope it turns out to go well above and beyond! Let us know.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:27 pm

Lol I ain't expecting much, but curiosity got me. Maybe it'll be a serviceable reel but I figure nothing else it'll be worth 6 bucks of fun watching it explode on a chum this fall.

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:46 am

I am guessing that is an 'introductory' price to boost interest. I doubt there will be many available at that price... if I didn't already have enough casting reels I would give it a go.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:46 am

It might be an introduction deal. There's quite a few listings for that reel on Amazon, eBay, and wish from what I seen all priced at the standard 39.99 for chinese oem reels

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat May 06, 2017 7:57 am

I've had mixed results from come of the china specials. I've had a couple real winner spinning reels and couple bad ones but for the price..... I'm currently using a china fly reel that has a drag and smooth bearings I'd put against anything under $300. Been using it for close to five years now.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat May 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Not $6.00 anymore
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun May 07, 2017 8:09 am

I would say that specific one is gone but I'd bet there are more, you just have to search. I'd try EBay too.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:19 am

I'm still waiting on it lol. Unfortunately it seems the seller left amazon. So if it's not here by the 12th I'll be contacting amazon for a refund

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed May 10, 2017 10:53 am

spokey9 wrote:I'm still waiting on it lol. Unfortunately it seems the seller left amazon. So if it's not here by the 12th I'll be contacting amazon for a refund
I hate Amazons communication on things like that. If it's online, it's supposed to be in one of their warehouses, it shouldn't be shipping from China. Although, I have to say I've had very little trouble having anything shipped from China.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:19 am

I never got my reel unfortunately, but Amazon was good about refunding my acct.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Mon May 29, 2017 1:27 pm

I saw a similar ad for some other product (a kayak paddle) on Amazon, a couple weeks ago. An item with an unbelievably low price. It appeared to be a seller with 0 ratings. They were selling not only the paddle, but also non-fishing items like electronics, household goods, etc.

What was strange was that ALL of their products had a price tag of $4.99. I passed on this seller since it seemed like a scam, and bought the same product from some other/established seller (for around $15) on Amazon.

On EBay, there was a seller that was sellling Revo's for $10 each (free shipping). Another seller was also selling Shimano reels for $15 each (free shipping). One seller from Canada and the other from China. Both with zero feedback ratings.

I did a Buy It Now for both reels and paid with paypal. Both reels never shipped and the seller never communicated with me (disappeared from Ebay). I got my money back through the buyer protection guarantee on Ebay/Paypal.

I wonder if Paypal or Ebay or Amazon eats the cost of the refund, when sellers disappear with the payment and can't be found?