Rufus Woods boat launches

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Dave M
Warrant Officer

Rufus Woods boat launches

Post by Dave M » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:34 am

Can anyone tell me if there is a fee for launching from the reservation side? Looking at the coyote creek launch. I haven't been able to find anything on the Colville website about fees other than a tribal permit for fishing from shore.

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Re: Rufus Woods boat launches

Post by hewesbob » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:38 am

Not sure about Coyote creek but Seaton Grove is free but does not have a dock, the launch at Chief Joe is also free and has a great dock. If I am ever unsure about a fee I just go someplace else. Good Luck

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Thanks Bob

rusty
Petty Officer

Post by rusty » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:10 am

If the coyote creek launch you are referring to is the one near the net pens it is free but you need a wdfw access pass. Its been awhile since i have used it but i recall it being shallow so if you have a large boat i would use seatons grove. Good luck put there.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:34 pm

rusty wrote:If the coyote creek launch you are referring to is the one near the net pens it is free but you need a wdfw access pass. Its been awhile since i have used it but i recall it being shallow so if you have a large boat i would use seatons grove. Good luck put there.
Pretty sure it requires a Tribal permit to launch there. When I first researched available launches and before the State had a reciprocal license agreement with the Tribes I was told by Colville Fisheries a tribal Permit was required to launch there. And then they said none was required at Seatons Grove.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Thanks for the info. That is the one I was asking about. We already changed our plans anyway and are going to Baker lake instead.