Skykomish/Wallace

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
riverhunter
Commander

Skykomish/Wallace

Post by riverhunter » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Has anyone been fishing the upper stretches of the skykomish/Wallace? If so is it still producing? I am debating on where to go on Wednesday as I have a day off. I would rather be chasing coho then chum if it's still producing. You can pm me if you like. Also if anyone wants a fishing partner on Wednesday I'll be open all morning up until about 1pm

rappuhd
Petty Officer

Re: Skykomish/Wallace

Post by rappuhd » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Fished the Sky all day today...very slow.

chwong
Petty Officer

Post by chwong » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 pm

I fished between Sultan and Monroe on 11/12 and 11/13. Both days were slow. Just a few chum and no signs of any silvers. I don't know how it is up by the Wallace.

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:51 pm

It's been a few weeks since I've been up there. Drove by the sky today between sultan and Monroe and saw a big fish roll in the middle of the river. Probably a big ol chum. I still wouldn't be surprised if it was a coho though. I gave up on coho for the season even though I have caught bright ones till mid January on some PS rivers.

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Yea I gave up also. Not so much because of lack of numbers I was getting but decided to target other species. I ended up at whatcom creek to stock up on chum eggs to stockpile my bait. It is now getting good by the way!!

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 am

My chrome hen count from Whatcom Creek is hitting double digits. Got a lot of skeins cured up for steelie season!

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Still hit and miss for me. I was there from about 7am to 11am today. Got one and that was it. I've never seen such a slow year. I know it's hot or not but every time I'm there it's not haha. Plus there was a ton of people today and 2 to 6 fish running up every 30 min or so.

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:06 am

Saturday was slow indeed. The Nooksack was producing more chum than the creek by a good margin, plus the ones I fought on the Nooksack were bigger and more aggressive.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Yesterday was a blast from the past, between trev and myself it was 30+ fish on, trev rolled and i didn't keep any... Bran showed up as i was leaving so i'm not sure how he did..... Gonna put it out there, we had all mouth hooked fish and not a single foul hook using a worm and bobber... I won't give up the color or the brandname... Folks that know me have that color and pattern. Ordered more yesterday........ Today the river was up a bit, fish moved further up river.... Wet 1 for 2 and kept the big ol hen for the smoker and the skein...

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:47 pm

This forum is getting away from the original posting. Are we still talking about the skykomish/wallace or have we moved on to another river system