Confused

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
beeman
Petty Officer

Confused

Post by beeman » Sat May 04, 2019 8:25 pm

So I took the boat out for a spin around hat island today. Saw some folks fishing in about 50' of water, I assumes they were bottom fishing so I looked up the regs and gotta say I am totally confused as to what you can currently fish for.
Also book talks about a fast decent device for all bottom fishing?

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Re: Confused

Post by 4n6fisher » Sun May 05, 2019 7:05 am

Ling cod is open and halibut is on select days. Fast decent device is to return rock fish to the depth so they might live since you cannot keep those in Puget sound.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun May 05, 2019 4:51 pm

beeman wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:25 pm
So I took the boat out for a spin around hat island today. Saw some folks fishing in about 50' of water, I assumes they were bottom fishing so I looked up the regs and gotta say I am totally confused as to what you can currently fish for.
More people than you would think, actually fish for flounder. But you can generally tell who is still fishing for flounder, and who is jigging for... :scratch:

beeman
Petty Officer

Post by beeman » Mon May 06, 2019 7:29 am

Think I was more confused about the regulation book, why they make that thing so damn complicated to figure out, and the phone app is not much better

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:35 am

beeman wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:25 pm
You can make your own if you wish, but the new ones are adjustable for depth and they don't poke a hole in the fish's mouth. I have one I use in deep lakes and have watched fish swim off on my Panoptics after they were released at 100'. Pretty fun to see it happen 'real time'. It clips to your downrigger ball cable and grips the fish by the jaw. Opens at the set depth. I have the SeaQualizer.

https://www.sportfishingmag.com/fish-de ... se-fishing