Question about hook holder?

Post Fly patterns, photos and directions here
jaybing
Angler

Question about hook holder?

Post by jaybing » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:53 am

Hi all,

Been fishing since I was able to hold a rod, been hooked (pardon the pun) ever since. Now my kids are starting to fish (as if there was any doubt LOL) and I was wondering if anyone ever used these for the kiddies rods? I was thinking of grabbing a few myself to be honest. They do not seem to be expensive, just wondering if anyone uses them?

https://bluemarblelifestyle.com/product ... ok-holder/

Jay

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Question about hook holder?

Post by Larry3215 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Interesting idea - but why not just use one of the eye's already on the pole? Some of my poles have a small metal loop down near the real seat for that purpose, but not all of them.

You would also need to be careful where you put it or it might fowl the line when casting - depending on the type of reel.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:05 am

Larry3215 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:19 pm
Interesting idea - but why not just use one of the eye's already on the pole? Some of my poles have a small metal loop down near the real seat for that purpose, but not all of them.

You would also need to be careful where you put it or it might fowl the line when casting - depending on the type of reel.
Same here, can't think of any rod, except maybe some really old ones I don't use anymore, that doesn't have a hook loop.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:10 am

I have some without hookholder's built in but just hook it on the base of the first guide. NOT THROUGH the guide itself, just to be clear. That or some part of the reel.