NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:31 pm

Well, it's unusual for me to introduce a new member, but I thought this was pretty cool. We have a new Premium Member from Salem, OR. Welcome Seament Head to WL.com.

I hope you'll send us some Oregon fishing reports to fill up our new Oregon site and tell your buddies about us!

OregonFishingNews.com

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

linxx77
Angler

Post by linxx77 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:54 am

Hey everyone! My name is Ramon and I live in Puyallup. I'm originally from Oregon, but for the past 5 years, I've been all over due to the Army. I'm a novice fisherman and I would LOVE to go under someone's wing and learn the best of the best. Look forward to meeting many of you!

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Mike Carey wrote:Well, it's unusual for me to introduce a new member, but I thought this was pretty cool. We have a new Premium Member from Salem, OR. Welcome Seament Head to WL.com.

I hope you'll send us some Oregon fishing reports to fill up our new Oregon site and tell your buddies about us!

OregonFishingNews.com
That website "OregonFishingNews.com" Looks suspiciously familiar.... Just cant seem to remember where I saw it before... :scratch:

Welcome Everybody. :cheers:

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:12 pm

It will take time to develope it's own personality. This site has a 12 year head start on it. :-"

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:29 am

Name: Fish Too Much

Hobbies: Fishing, researching the next fishing trip, organizing the fishing gear (boat or vest) for the next trip, shopping (for fishing gear of course), and hmmm…now that I think about it I don’t do anything else. Unless you consider picking fleas off the dog a hobby.

What I Do: Fish, but my income comes from the aviation industry.

Favorite Species: That is a tough one, I just love to fish. I enjoy catching everything from sunfish to Blue marlin. Some of my favorite fishing is live bait for warm saltwater species (it’s a shorts and flip-flop thing) but locally I think that my favorite fishery is salmon in the rivers.

Where I fish the most: Everywhere, depends on the season, whether or not I’m solo, with kids or many other factors. I just like to get out there…fish or no fish.

How Long have I been fishing: As a child I was always told that I was born with a fishing pole in my hand (sorry mom). My first active fishing memory was fishing for cutts in a small creek by the house that I grew up in. I would say that was 42 or so years ago.

How did I get started: I don’t know, I’ve just always fished.

What I do when not fishing: I think that I already said this but when I’m not fishing I’m thinking about or planning the next trip. I will have to admit though that the kids and family activities, cooking, dishes, yard work, 4-H, sleep, the dogs and road tripp’n (often associated with a fishing trip) are all given my undivided attention when I’m not fishing.

Boat: 16’ aluminum skiff.
19’ Olympic runabout
13’ Ocean Kayak Big Game
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:44 am

Welcome to the Forum! Now Im not the new guy no more..LOL

Shackdaddy
Angler

Post by Shackdaddy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:02 pm

:bigsmurf: WE ARE NEW TO THE AREA AND JUST JOINED THE WEB SIGHT. HOPE TO LEARN MUCH AND ADD MANY PICS...

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Shackdaddy wrote::bigsmurf: WE ARE NEW TO THE AREA AND JUST JOINED THE WEB SIGHT. HOPE TO LEARN MUCH AND ADD MANY PICS...
Shackdaddy.... so don't keep us guessing, tell us a little about yourself,, and WELCOME to the site.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:22 am

Hi Guys,

I’d like to introduce myself as a new member. My name is Steve and I’ve followed a number of fishing sites for quite some time and I truly believe we have some of the best members around. I’ve found most members are polite, courteous, willing to share sound information and most of all have a great sense of humor!
I’ve been freshwater fishing most of my 42 years. I don’t consider myself a ‘pro’ by any stretch of the imagination, there is always so much more to learn, but probably fit into the average or above classification…depending what we’re going for! I’ve always believed in caring and protecting our natural resources and sharing information with people who are least likely to abuse our beautiful outdoors, and that will help a kid catch a fish. I respect what we have and always try to leave it in better condition than I found it.
I love to fish for walleye, trophy trout, bass, silvers, salmon and steelhead. Some of my favorite watering holes include Potholes, Banks, Roosevelt, Curlew, Washington and of course…Rufus. I just purchased a new boat (picture on our Boating forum) and would really like to get into Salmon, Steelhead and Sturgeon fishing on the Lower Columbia too!
I would like to thank the creators and stewards of this website for doing an awesome job and the new design is outstanding. As I said, there are some outstanding members here and look forward to meeting and fishing with you!

Steve

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:26 am

Welcome aboard mav186 ... am looking forward in seeing some pics of your new boat out on the water and seeing your reports!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks Bisk...I look forward to it!

tommytitan08
Lieutenant

Post by tommytitan08 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Welcome to the forum...look forward to meeting and or fishing with you.
" It is far better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6 "

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:41 am

HI folks,
I'm brand new to the website today. I hope this will be an informative site for me. I'm 49 yrs old. I have been fishing since I was a kid. I started getting serious about it about 20 years ago. I started out as a walleye guy but when I discovered Northern Pike fishing, I was hooked. I still love to fish for smallmouth, largemouth, walleye, and crappie but the Pike are my absolute favorite. I am from Newman Lake Washington, so I can be on the water there in about 10 minutes from my home. I spend a lot of time fishing lake Cda, and the chains, but plan to make the Pendorille river a new hangout. I gave it a try last year for the first time but you can bet I'll be there more this year.
"The Pike Supremacist"

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 am

AJ's Dad wrote:HI folks,
I'm brand new to the website today. I hope this will be an informative site for me. I'm 49 yrs old. I have been fishing since I was a kid. I started getting serious about it about 20 years ago. I started out as a walleye guy but when I discovered Northern Pike fishing, I was hooked. I still love to fish for smallmouth, largemouth, walleye, and crappie but the Pike are my absolute favorite. I am from Newman Lake Washington, so I can be on the water there in about 10 minutes from my home. I spend a lot of time fishing lake Cda, and the chains, but plan to make the Pendorille river a new hangout. I gave it a try last year for the first time but you can bet I'll be there more this year.
Welcome aboard...Pike eh?, Sounds like you and I will get along just fine. Us pike anglers are sort of
a rare breed. I also hit CD'A but will be trying the Pend a few times this year.

Welcome everyone!!!

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:40 pm

Welcome AJ! I'm new myself...Newman Lk...beautiful country and look forward to some reports!

Landlocked
Petty Officer

Post by Landlocked » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi. My name is Jennifer. I'm in Southeastern Washington. I love to fish, but I don't get to fish as often as I'd like.

I'm a novice fisher. Further, I don't have access to a boat, hence my screen name "Landlocked". So, I'm primarily fishing from the banks of lakes and rivers. So far, I've been able to take several trout and bass. I've hooked two steelhead on the Columbia from the bank out at Ringold. My main goal, however, is to land a salmon and/or a Walleye. When I fish, I think I always use the same basic rig for bottom fishing (at lakes whose depth I don't know) or use a slip bobber if I know the depth. I hope to learn a few new tips and techniques from the forum.

I really like this site and plan to use it and learn from it. I was really excited to find it!

Coastfishin
Commander

Post by Coastfishin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Welcome Landlocked and all the other new people! Hope you enjoy yourselves

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Welcome 2 ALL THE NEW MEMBERS,..hope 2 see your pics and read your reports in the near future!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

bigbads10
Angler

Post by bigbads10 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:30 pm

hey i joined about a month ago and like looking at the site. i just moved to the tri cities from utah. love to fish hunt and everything outdoors. lookin into doin some serious sturgeon fishin this summer. so any good holes around the tri cities that anyone knows of

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 am

Hello to all the recent new members! We look forward to learning from you as well...hope you enjoy.:dwarf:

Mav