Bass Fishing Buddies List

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
motodmast
Angler

Re: Bass Fishing Buddies List

Post by motodmast » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Hey guys, looking to go out with someone on lake wa, I have a boat, 17ft, 90hp yamaha, i know quite a bit about bass fishing but always looking to improve, never fished lake WA ans would like to go out with someone who has and show a couple good spots and tips on lake WA. Pm if interested!

06Roush
Petty Officer

Post by 06Roush » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:14 pm

I have a 90 Ranger with a 175 and looking for anyone that wants to hit the lakes. New to the area and trying to find a good group to fish with.

PokeyPrasch
Petty Officer

Post by PokeyPrasch » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Eastern WA; bass enthusiast.

I've been back in Yakima 2 years, trying to learn all the local bass holes but I'm also willing to travel with anyone around Yakima to spots further away. I have no problem pitching in for gas/food etc. All my own gear. I have a 9ft pontoon, no motorized boat at the moment.

I frequent I-82 ponds, Matoon, Fiorito, and later in summer Curlew & Roosevelt.
I'm also very interested in learning how to fish rivers for bass in this area.

Available Saturdays & Sundays.
Batman Kiddie Pole

bassjaketrout
Angler

Post by bassjaketrout » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:45 pm

I recently moved back to the mason(grapeview/shelton) county area and while away i picked up a interest in bass fishing. i have yet to find anyone who could tell me good spots in the area for bass fishing from bank here. i'm not sure if the water is just too cold right now or maybe i'm just doing something wrong. looking for tips and wisdom, too much money into tackel to not be bass fishing.

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:44 am

My name is Zack. I live in Snohomish, wa and fish Lake Stevens for bronze backs and oick up a few largemouths. I also like fishing Lake cassidy for crappie and bass. Working on a removeable casting platform for my livingston but it works well for now. Mostly fish weekends during the summer. I have both of these lakes pretty well dailed in.

don't mind taking bass newbies out but you gotta have some boat manners. I don't mind enjoying a few beverages out on the water. I don't have a lot of bass gear so please bring your own.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 pm

bassjaketrout wrote:I recently moved back to the mason(grapeview/shelton) county area and while away i picked up a interest in bass fishing. i have yet to find anyone who could tell me good spots in the area for bass fishing from bank here. i'm not sure if the water is just too cold right now or maybe i'm just doing something wrong. looking for tips and wisdom, too much money into tackel to not be bass fishing.
The Bass are VERRRRYYYY slow to pick up a lure just now. They are 'new' to the shallow water, so are very spooky. Let your worm or jig sit on the bottom for a half minute, then SLOWLY drag it. Takes a couple minutes for each cast sometimes, but they just aren't sure at this time. Yes there are always exceptions. Use a jig, dropshot, Carolina Rig, suspending jerkbait, slow sinking swimbait, smallish crankbait reeled in very slow with lots of stop and goes, with the emphasis on stop, so you'll need a suspending crankbait. Try to cast out to 20 foot depths, but also try in the 10 foot to 5 foot depths also, you just don't know where the fish can be until you fish that depth. Read all the fishing reports for the lake you want to fish, and pay attention to the reports for other lakes also as they can help lots.

Be sure to read the recent threads in the Bass Fishing Forum about 'winter fishing', it'll help.
Tom.

Interests: living

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:33 pm

AMX is correct. Caught my first bass yesterday (Fri evening) after 3 trips. I'm in Belfair and the thing about most lakes around here is for one, most are closed until the last Sat. of this month. The other being there is very little shore access other than boat ramps, unless you know someone that lives on the water. That is the reason I got a float tube. Gets me out on any lake...even places a boat can't get to that holds bass. Something to consider.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

downtown98033
Petty Officer

Post by downtown98033 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Bump for Spring 2013! I have gear, food and cash! If you have a free seat, Please let me know. I live on Mercer Island, but willing to travel to get out on the water. downtown98033 (Patrick)

Mike Carey wrote:This list is specifically for Bass Anglers. If you are looking for other fishing buddies there is a list HERE for other types of fishing.

RULES: If someone declines an invite accept it without making a big deal of it. There can be any number of reasons why a person would say no, so if they tell you "no thanks, not today" let it go at that. No pressure, no worries and this should work good for finding new fishing buddies.

Legal Disclaimers: Use of this list is voluntary. Members are encouraged to know who you are fishing with. Must be eighteen to participate. WL.com can not be held liable for Fishing Buddies Gone Bad.

Please use your member name so people can look up PMs easily:

fishingmachine - I fish all lakes for bass. I will fish out of someones backseat on the big lakes. I have a boat I use for smaller lakes for both largemouth and smallmouth. Usually have an open seat. PM if interested.

downtown98033 - I'm pretty new to bass fishing and looking for local (King/Pierce/Sno) fishing buds. I have an inflatable and trolling motor for small lakes, but am willing to contribute cash, food or whatever for a seat and some wisdom. I also want to put together a road trip from Seattle to Potholes for at least a weekend of fishing. If you're interested, let me know.
Patrick

kevinb - I'm game to fish any body of water for bucketmouths and bronzies.
But my "home" bass waters would be Lake(s) Kapowsin in Pierce County
and many of the smaller lakes in the region such as Tanwax,Ohop,Harts etc.
I also bass fish many lakes in and around Mason County. My work schedule is up and down and all around. Basically,some weekends I'm free and some weekdays. I only ask that you have a good sense of humor to fill the void when we are not catching fish.
Currently I have a small tin can boat but in the market for a bigger bass boat.

kzoo - I fish Lake Washington and Sammamish. I've got a 17' tracker and a friendly dog who comes along. Typically have open seats on the weekdays and occasionally on the weekends. PM if interested.

The HAWG HUNTER - I fish Kitsap, Mason Co. right now I am out of work and will be fishing as much as I can. I only bass fish no trouters please. I have a back seat open most of the time and welcome people who want to learn how to bass fish and people who know how to bass fish. To fish with me in the HAWG HUNTER give me a Pm and I will get back with you. Thanks, Trent

deerchser
Angler

Post by deerchser » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 am

I live in Arlington and mostly fish Lake Armstrong, Lake Sixteen, Bryant, and sometimes hit Big lake and Lake McMurry. I only have a little 7' livingston so it can be crouded but its great for these little lakes. Firdays are my normal day to fish and I tend to spend most of the day on the water. If you have an extra seat on you boat that would be awesome to. I can always grab a few snacks and help out some with fuel.

bma
Angler

Post by bma » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:49 am

Any Bass fishermen in the Walla Walla Area??? Would like to meet up sometime this coming Spring and do fishing.

Mitchy
Angler

Post by Mitchy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Hey guys, my names mitch. I moved to washington a couple years ago because of the military and lost a hobbie of mine. I grew up fishing for bass on the Delta of CA. And man do I miss it. I have a lot of knowledge for bass fishing just lost when it comes to WA. I am looking for someone who has a back seat that would allow me to tag on. I'm 26 good personality and love to fish. I have minimum gear but i can get what I need and have 3 of my rods here. Hope someone understands what I am saying. Thanks guys. Mitchy

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:35 pm

Be sure to go to the Puyallup Sportsman's Show this week/tomorrow Wed Thru Fri, and/or this weekend;

http://washingtonlakes.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=19431" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Be sure to print out a couple coupons as noted in the thread I linked above.

Be sure to go to the WaLakes booth.

Be sure to go to the freshwater demo tank for bass fishing demos.

Be sure to go to the Phoenix Boat sales/booth area in the smaller 'tent like building', and talk to Russ, the owner of Limit Out Performance Marine, or talk to Chris. They can tell you about the clubs in the area, and the lakes in the state, and bass fishing in general in the state.
Tom.

bma
Angler

Post by bma » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Mitchy wrote:Hey guys, my names mitch. I moved to washington a couple years ago because of the military and lost a hobbie of mine. I grew up fishing for bass on the Delta of CA. And man do I miss it. I have a lot of knowledge for bass fishing just lost when it comes to WA. I am looking for someone who has a back seat that would allow me to tag on. I'm 26 good personality and love to fish. I have minimum gear but i can get what I need and have 3 of my rods here. Hope someone understands what I am saying. Thanks guys. Mitchy

Mitchy,

What part of Washington are you located?

leecko
Angler

Post by leecko » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Anyone in the Snohomish county area want someone to tag along and learn where and how to fish bass here? Let me know. I moved here a couple years ago and have not had any luck finding a good place to catch bass. I use to fish the Columbia and smaller rivers when I was growing up, but these lake bass seem to want different things. Thanks in advanced.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Be sure to watch the bass fishing videos here on this web site. Then try to go to the seminars once a month at Limit Out Performance Marine. Call Russ or Chris to see what's on for this month and when.

http://www.limitoutmarine.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And watch the videos on Youtube.
Tom.

downtown98033
Petty Officer

Post by downtown98033 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:17 pm

If anyone has an available seat this week (June 9-15), I would appreciate a lift.
I am willing to contribute funds for gas, lunch, whatever.
I live in Issaquah, but can probably do anywhere in King, Pierce, Sno... and/or maybe Kitsap or Thurston.

Thanks!!

Patrick
downtown98033

Eoso
Warrant Officer

Post by Eoso » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:29 am

There are two big tournaments this month, I'm not sure there is one scheduled.

machewbacca
Petty Officer

Post by machewbacca » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 pm

Hello fellow bass fishermen,

I'm a noob when it comes to bass fishing, I've made an investment in gear, have a decent little inflatable sea eagle raft that I can take anywhere, I'm looking to get into some fishing with an experienced bass fisherman, would like to leach info off of you. My home lake is North Lake in Federal Way, hear there's some good bass fishing down this way. If anyone is interested in helping a guy out, would love to head out and fish with ya. Met a couple of great guys down at the lake, dunno if they are members of this forum. PM me if interested.

Go Hawks,
Matt

FishSpotter
Angler

Post by FishSpotter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm up for bass fishing in Whatcom county. I do have a small Sorenson but am limited to rowing until I replace the water pump or get a trolling motor.

SeattleBass
Angler

Lake Samammish & Washington

Post by SeattleBass » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:48 pm

I fish lake Samammish @ Samammish Landing Park!

http://facebook.com/hikylebain
[email protected]

Funny story I have never fished bass until last summer, I was fishing for trout and saw a few lures in the trees, so I climbed the tree and acquired a white curlytail ~ 3" weighted 1/2 oz grub and threw it in for 15 casts and got my first bass (in pic)
Image and
went and got geared up with senko worms and the like and I can't stop watching videos on youtube and hitting the lake even in these cold days, I'm still out there 10 days a month.
I am currently waiting on hh-66 so I can finish gluing the bottom of my small zodiak and my aluminum is in winthrop, so I am always at the samammish landing these days. I'll update when my boats are back. I am a passionate fisherman lookin to fish with anyone out there! Once my aluminum is back from our cabin I plan on doing underwater & deck camera etc for youtube so I can keep track of my own catches and make a fun channel out of it for others. I am a very last minute fisherman most of the time, I live close to Lake Samammish Hit me up! :cheers:
[email protected]