Bassin @ potholes

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SalmonAddict
Warrant Officer

Bassin @ potholes

Post by SalmonAddict » Mon May 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Planning to hit up potholes in 2 weeks for some bass. ill be on a 12 ft boat and launching at the Rd C NE launch. This will be my first time on potholes.

I know its post spawn by then but how should the fishing be?
Any tips on hotspots? (I looked at NWFR hotspots and not many hotspots up in this section)

Or should i go to a different lake?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Bassin @ potholes

Post by Amx » Mon May 28, 2018 8:06 pm

I don't know the Rd C NE launch by name and so don't know where it is and so can't tell you where to fish from that launch. The only launches I know are the, public/game dept. down the road from the state park, the state parks launch at their campground, the launch on the east side of the dam, and Mardon's launches. And there are 1 or 2 launches back in Crab Creek, and Job Core dike launch, but I know nothing about them or how to get to them.

It's late May/early June, the fishing should be great. Plastic worms, crankbaits, and jigs around bushes and trees, and logs. Top water of course. Pads, grass, weeds.
Tom.

Interests: living

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Tue May 29, 2018 8:53 am

For smallmouth, try the south end rock face, all along the road. Just be extremely careful for submerged rock in specific locations, very much depending on water level.

SalmonAddict
Warrant Officer

Post by SalmonAddict » Tue May 29, 2018 11:27 am

Heres the coordinates to that launch

47.066341,-119.359410

Thanks for the info thus far, much appreciated

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Tue May 29, 2018 1:15 pm

I have launched from that location once before, with 3 other boats. It is compacted sand beach. We were happy to be able to launch that far into the dunes, but a 4 wheel drive is absolutely necessary to get your boat back out unless it is a light aluminum one. Mine is a 12' fiberglass and I would not try it without 4 wheel drive.

SalmonAddict
Warrant Officer

Post by SalmonAddict » Tue May 29, 2018 4:26 pm

DavidA wrote:I have launched from that location once before, with 3 other boats. It is compacted sand beach. We were happy to be able to launch that far into the dunes, but a 4 wheel drive is absolutely necessary to get your boat back out unless it is a light aluminum one. Mine is a 12' fiberglass and I would not try it without 4 wheel drive.
Hows the fishing around that launch?

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Tue May 29, 2018 5:30 pm

My friends and I all motored South from there looking for walleye. We found and caught some, trolling bottom bouncers. The wind was bad and we were relatively new to walleye, so we didn't try any other presentations or species.

We are headed east the 8th - 11th and were planning Banks and local lakes but are rethinking it, possibly hitting Potholes and Moses Lake. So could see you out there!

SalmonAddict
Warrant Officer

Post by SalmonAddict » Thu May 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Almost forgot to ask, how's the water level? Is there a site or someway to know?

tbrinks
Warrant Officer

Post by tbrinks » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:31 am

SalmonAddict wrote:Almost forgot to ask, how's the water level? Is there a site or someway to know?
I know this is an old post, but I usually just call Mardon's to get the actual numbers it is high or low and the adjust my maps accordingly. Made a big difference the last time I went a few weeks ago when it was 20 feet lower than normal.

Spokane, WA
Navionics Sponsored
http://www.tbrinksfishing.com

tooboocoo
Petty Officer

Post by tooboocoo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:20 am