Portable aerator recommendations

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Portable aerator recommendations

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Bass club season is on the edge of starting. Last year my partner’s and I had our aerator die on us.

I’m talking about aerators that you use when building a ice-chest type portable live well.
Does anybody have one that you feel really good about to recommend?
I was kinda shocked it lasted only one season. (Truth be told it didn’t even see as many bass as you’d think, LOL) :-({|=

TrackerPro16
Commander

Re: Portable aerator recommendations

Post by TrackerPro16 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:58 am

Maybe hit up Bass Boat Central and check there? I have read some posts about them but have no input.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Are you talking about the type of aerator that could be attached to say, a large cooler? My apologies if I'm missing the boat on this. This is what I've seen when participating at the North Idaho Pike Association's tourneys, modified livewells so to speak.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:09 pm

Kevinb is back in the house?! I think it's been 5 years since I've seen you on here. Maybe you moved to Idaho?
Anyway, yeah.. you had it right. I'm talking about the aerators that people add to coolers to make a live well for a boat fishing a tourney that does not have a live well.
Actually though, my bass partner plugged the aerator back in after the winter and it fired right up. I think there was an adjustment that turns the bubbles up and down, and it may have been turned the wrong way. #-o

Hope to see you on the forum or in the reports in 2019. :salut:

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:37 am

Neon-Flexible-Drinking-Straw.jpg
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:57 am

=D>

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks, I was pretty proud of myself.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:27 pm

The Quadfather wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:09 pm
Kevinb is back in the house?! I think it's been 5 years since I've seen you on here. Maybe you moved to Idaho?
Anyway, yeah.. you had it right. I'm talking about the aerators that people add to coolers to make a live well for a boat fishing a tourney that does not have a live well.
Actually though, my bass partner plugged the aerator back in after the winter and it fired right up. I think there was an adjustment that turns the bubbles up and down, and it may have been turned the wrong way. #-o

Hope to see you on the forum or in the reports in 2019. :salut:
Hey Quad, yeah, I'm still around,...still fishing. We bought a new home with a lot of acreage and made some new friends in the form of mountain lions and a bear with 3 cubs in the shadow of Mount Rainier, it's great and offers box seats for any future lahar. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:46 am

I've never had one go bad I just use the cheap ones from bps for cooler livewells.