Orvis warranty (-: !!

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Orvis warranty (-: !!

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:29 am

Wow! It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas..
I have to give a major shout out to Orvis for their stand up customer service.

I broke my Orvis 'Frequent Flyer 9 piece travel rod'
Probably 5 years ago. The rod itself is at least 20 years old.
I figured they would not repair it or cover anything because I was a dumb ass and broke it using needle nose pliers to seperate a few of the rod pieces.
Well, they said no problem at all, they will send it in..

Today I picked it up, Orvis in Bellevue.. They actually replaced the entire rod, as well as the travel case and sock!
It's absolutely beautiful. :cheers:
Yes, I paid $60.00 for the shipping etc. but regardless, it was a $250.00 rod in the early '90's.
Nice people in that Bellevue Orvis store!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Orvis warranty (-: !!

Post by Bodofish » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:29 am

I've never had them bat an eyelash at anything. Always top notch customer service. I've purchased a few things online that didn't quite fit and they just traded them out in the store, no questions asked. In the stores they always take all the time in the world with you. No matter if you're buying a couple flys or a new Helios 2.... Always a pleasure.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Orvis warranty (-: !!

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:45 pm

nice positive reviews. Good to hear some companies get it right! I'm sure you're both customers for life.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".