Looking for advice on River fishing. New and dad wants to fish.

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Vistal77
Angler

Looking for advice on River fishing. New and dad wants to fish.

Post by Vistal77 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:11 am

My dad is coming to visit end of September and wants to fish. I was looking at coho in the rivers but I have never done any of this type of fishing. Is there a specific region that anyone could recommend and also maybe a guide service to take the two of us out for a day? I have contacted two services this week and have not heard back anything. Any advice would be very appreciated.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Re: Looking for advice on River fishing. New and dad wants to fish.

Post by dj2loud » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:43 am

Keep trying, Guides this time of year are ramping up or are already full swing....

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:22 pm

There is a few rivers that might be worth trying. I usually drift or float cured eggs , drift dick nites spoons or corky and yarn. If you like more detail on where and when send a pm and I would gladly point you in the right direction

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:54 pm

That'll be a good time for river fishing, guide or not. Knowing your general location will help with pointing you to rivers in your area and recommendations for places to go. A guide of course would cover everything, so hope you find a good one. If not, there are plenty of resources here to help get you on the bank of a local river and suggest what to use.