Western WA Tiger Musky Group

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ussbirdman
Angler

Western WA Tiger Musky Group

Post by ussbirdman » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:00 pm

Hey guys,

I'm not sure how active this board is anymore but I figure I see who all is still around.

After experiencing musky fishing for the first time in Wisconsin and learning there were Tigers in my area, I've gone all in on the sport. I've been able to land a couple of nice tigers at Mayfield and a little guy at Tapps this year. So far, I have been on my own for all of this in my little aluminum boat. It's been fun but I would love to connect with others who fish for Tigers in my area. I know there used to be a chartered club with tournaments and such but it seems like that is no longer functioning since COVID hit.

I would love to connect with some musky anglers in my area (South King County) to learn a bit more about the local lakes or even fish together. Would be a lot more fun to share the experience with others and hear some of your stories too. Anyway, if anyone knows of people getting together to talk muskies, I'd love to know.

Here are my two from Mayfield this summer.
IMG_1579 (1).png
Attachments
IMG_1634 (1).png

Don Wittenberger
Captain

Re: Western WA Tiger Musky Group

Post by Don Wittenberger » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi birdman, I live in Shoreline (north King County), and fish Mayfield and Merwin out of my musky boat (Tuffy Esox Magnum). My regular fishing buddies are in their 80s now, and aging out of the sport; I'm younger than those guys (age 75) and still going strong. One of them lives at Merwin, and I usually stay with him for a week or two at a time. Mayfield, being closer, is more suited to weekend affairs. Being retired, I can go anytime, except when I have appointments or commitments in town. I usually fish from early to July to early October. I can be reached at [email protected]. The club is still around, and has posted a tournament schedule for this year, but is on Facebook now.