Kitsap county bank fishing opportunities?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Kitsap county bank fishing opportunities?

Post by Juniah87 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:27 pm

I just moved over to the peninsula in January, and probably won't be here for more then another year or so. I have a pontoon boat but it is in storage in Pullman, so I am looking for a couple decent lakes for bank fishing out here. The closer to the Poulsbo area the better, but I do not mind driving an hour or so to get my drag singing. I currently only have an ultralight that I use usually for casting winged bobbers. I've tried Leland Lake and End of Trail Lake after 4,000 or so stocked fish were planted, but so far haven't got a single bite. Side note, does Kitsap always get the short end of the stick when it comes to stocking? I'm seeing 8-10 thousand fish being planted int he lakes in pierce and thurston counties but les then 4k int he local lakes out here. They are also very small, ranging between 2.5 to 3 fish per pound. I dunno, maybe that isn't small, but I used to work for the Puyallup hatchery and we raised ours to be much bigger than that. I don't think we were supposed to though, it seems like we were always getting praised by the figherman and yelled at by our bosses, haha! Thansk for any help you can provide, I know it's short notice, hope everyone kills it on the opener!

DavidA
Lieutenant

Re: Kitsap county bank fishing opportunities?

Post by DavidA » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:46 am

You might try Wildcat. Bank fishing is really only at the launch, which is productive, but consequently well used - bring a chair. Tiger is a bit further and still is launch only, but this area is larger. Nearby Panther is best for trout but has very little bank area. With your pontoon boat, all 3 would be great options.