Omak area fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Jcverhalen
Petty Officer

Omak area fishing

Post by Jcverhalen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Was thinking of taking a couple days next week to try my hand fishing out east. Found a pretty decent hotel deal near Omak but now realize I have absolutely no idea what to fish for and where this time of year. I’ll most likely be confined to the bank with your typical light spin casting rods and a mid weight steelhead/salmon rod.

So tell me anglers of the east, where should I go and what should I chase?

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Omak area fishing

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:54 am

Omak lake of course! Bank fish for the fabulous Lahontan Cutthroat.
There are other lakes on the Res. of course. Buffalo can be very good for large Triploids. You can rent a boat from Reynolds Resort on Buffalo lake. Fish at the opposite end of the lake. Bass fishing in Buffalo is fine as well. Just read the report history for Omak, and you will probably never leave. Be sure to get a Reservation license.. can be had from either Reynolds Resort, or Walmart in Omak.

BARCHASER
Warrant Officer

Re: Omak area fishing

Post by BARCHASER » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 am

Just last week there was a TV fishing show, Angler West, that had a show on fishing Omak Lake. They were getting a lot of really nice Lahonton Cutts. You could prob check out their website, they may allow you to replay their shows on line. But the show was all boat fishing.