2nd day Banks lake chain winter trout bank fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
davedavey
Petty Officer

2nd day Banks lake chain winter trout bank fishing

Post by davedavey » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:33 pm

this day took 4 hours to limit. This area is great during the winter. A boat would be great to hit them Kokanee.

BentRod
Admiral

Re: 2nd day Banks lake chain winter trout bank fishing

Post by BentRod » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:25 am

Looks like a beautiful day!

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:30 am

What do you mean by "Banks Lake chain". I live at Banks Lake and by looking at the back ground in your video it does not appear to be Banks Lake. It seems your videos show a lot of just looking down at the beach rather than showing your surroundings. I'm not trying to criticize by any means, just looking for a little clarification. They are nice limits of fish.

davedavey
Petty Officer

Post by davedavey » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:18 am

hewesbob wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:30 am
What do you mean by "Banks Lake chain". I live at Banks Lake and by looking at the back ground in your video it does not appear to be Banks Lake. It seems your videos show a lot of just looking down at the beach rather than showing your surroundings. I'm not trying to criticize by any means, just looking for a little clarification. They are nice limits of fish.

As in not giving my spot away. All the way from Roosevelt down through Banks on to Potholes Reservoir. Are all in the chain. It is the Columbia basin irrigation project.

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:46 am

The bodies of water from Lake Roosevelt to Potholes have different names and some have different regulations. It's not proper to lump them all into one group. Nobody expects you to share your "spot", but if you were fishing Lake Roosevelt then the fish pictured in your video are illegal, some of the other lakes not so much. The Reports section seems to be more about bragging, but the Forum section seems to be more about sharing information.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:22 am

Were it not for the pumping station there would be no connection to Banks, in fact, Banks would not exist. I think it quite a stretch to call it the "Banks chain" when the source water is pumped UPHILL from Roosevelt. No dispute on the irrigation project but your claim of it being the "Banks chain" is very misleading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLvH ... e=emb_logo
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System