Garmin is screwing customers - dont buy Garmin

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Garmin is screwing customers - dont buy Garmin

Post by Larry3215 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:04 pm

Some how I doubt that.

This all started when Garmin refused to pay the license fees to Navico to use their patent on downvu.

So they decided to just steel it.

They got caught right away and lost that court case.

So they decided to try to steel it again by making a very minor change in how the down crystal was mounted. The court saw through that and they lost again.

So then they decided to cheat their customers instead of steeling from Navico.

Im seeing a pattern here....

sickbayer
Commodore

Re: Garmin - problems with CV transducers

Post by sickbayer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Larry3215 wrote:Thanks Tom.

I can forgive an honest mistake or occasional screw up from a company as long as they fix it in a reasonable time frame.

I can even tolerate a certain amount of stretching the truth in marketing or advertising.

Just flat out false advertising and lying is something I cant tolerate at all.
We are living in a world of alternative facts nothing annoying me more than lying.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:35 am

I don't have Garmin gear, nor Lowrance for that matter, but reading this topic can't help but wonder what those of you who do have Garmin gear are going to do with it? Replace with Lowrance or wait it out to see if Garmin makes it right? Only ones who will benefit from a class action lawsuit, if one is filed, will be the attorneys and any relief could be years away.

I clearly have no dog in this hunt, just wondering what course of action those who do will take to resolve the matter with your electronics.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:22 am

Though mine is the GT series and is not affected by this I have thought about the 'What if' as I was originally going for a combo that would have been. I guess I would want them to replace it though I would play with it to see if I thought it made that much difference to me for the type of fishing I do. It would be interesting to do a side by side.