Everett/Mukilteo/Marysville pier parking

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
TrueJamo
Angler

Everett/Mukilteo/Marysville pier parking

Post by TrueJamo » Sat May 27, 2017 11:54 pm

Are there any piers, or salt water fishing areas in general, in this general area where you don't need to pay for parking? I'm on a tight budget and I can't exactly justify paying what I've seen as upwards of 10 dollars just to fish for a couple hours.

Is Marysville's Ebey Waterfront Park a good place to fish from? Only place I can even find with a free parking area but it's in the Ebey Slough and I don't know if there's even good fishing there.
Tight lines!

JoshH
Lieutenant

Re: Everett/Mukilteo/Marysville pier parking

Post by JoshH » Mon May 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Off of the top of my head.... unfortunately no. Ebey slough... maybe sea run cuts? Don't know if it's open for them there though, you would want to check.

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Post by 4n6fisher » Tue May 30, 2017 6:09 am

Further south, but Edmonds has lots of free parking right next to the pier, even says fisherman parking, the lot just North of Arnies at entrance to Olympic beach. Always the street there as well for 3 hours at a time.

TrueJamo
Angler

Post by TrueJamo » Tue May 30, 2017 6:05 pm

Thanks you guys. Sounds like Edmonds it is! Although Everett Marina I found is only $3, but Edmonds isn't very far either.
Tight lines!

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Any beach access would give ya a shot at flounder on the incoming tide. Poke around on Google maps and find places you can get down to the water. Nightcrawlers and squid probly work best from shore imo.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

countryboy87
Lieutenant

Post by countryboy87 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:49 pm

edmonds is going to be your best bet for free parking with good pier fishing