Special Needs Fishing Derby and BBQ

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Anne
Petty Officer

Special Needs Fishing Derby and BBQ

Post by Anne » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:34 am

I volunteer for a non profit group that hosts events for the special needs community and I'm organizing a fishing derby and BBQ in June.

We are looking for volunteers to help people fish (from shore at Blackman's Lake) and help with set up/cooking, etc. See URL below for more info or email me at [email protected].

Also we're looking for sponsors to help out with fishing gear/t-shirts. Email me directly ([email protected]) if you're interested in that opportunity.

http://www.friendshipadventures.org/Events/Fishing.htm

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Re: Special Needs Fishing Derby and BBQ

Post by Juniah87 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 am

Dang! I wish this wasn't on a Saturday! I used to help out with the kids fishing derby at the Bellingham Hatchery every Mother's Day weekend, it was one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had! If anyone is on the fence about helping out with this event, DO IT!!! It is so much fun, and you have the chance to really change some lives and encourage a lot of people to get outside and go fishing. I wish you the best of luck with the event, Anne, I know it will be awesome! If I can buy and mail some tackle or bait or whatever to you for use at the event let me know. I can grab some jars of powerbait or a couple dozen packages of hooks/sinkers/swivels from Walmart to send your way or something.

Good luck!

~ Jeff (Juniah)

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Sounds like fun and a good cause. I'll be out of town that weekend. Hope it's a great success! :cheers:
Friendship-Derby-and-BBQ.jpg
Attachments
FA Logo - high res (print).jpg

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:55 am

Anne wrote:I volunteer for a non profit group that hosts events for the special needs community and I'm organizing a fishing derby and BBQ in June.

We are looking for volunteers to help people fish (from shore at Blackman's Lake) and help with set up/cooking, etc. See URL below for more info or email me at [email protected].

Also we're looking for sponsors to help out with fishing gear/t-shirts. Email me directly ([email protected]) if you're interested in that opportunity.

http://www.friendshipadventures.org/Events/Fishing.htm

Anne, Check your friendship adventures email.

Anne
Petty Officer

Post by Anne » Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 am

I'm a little over a month away from our fishing derby and I can't wait. Right now I have about 32 participants signed up and I'm hoping for 50.

I had a manager at a new sportsmans store in Everett telling me that they were interested in sponsoring and donating some items but he seems to have disappeared. I'm trying to get someone else there to kick in some gear but I don't want to wait until the last minute.

We will be trout fishing and could really use some poles, line, pole holders, bait, lures, folding chairs, life vests (I do have 20 coming from Cabela's). Also I'd like to give away newbie tackle boxes or some fun items to the participants.

If you have spare things laying around you think I can use please message me. I am in North Seattle and can coordinate pick ups or something.

Thanks!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon May 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Anne, PM me with your mailing address, I'll get some goodies to you.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Anne
Petty Officer

Post by Anne » Tue May 09, 2017 6:03 am

PM'd. Thanks Mike!