NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Lindajean
Angler

Re: NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Lindajean » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:19 am

My name is Linda. I used to fish quite a bit till my husband got a job transfer to CA. Got away from fishing while living there. Now after 16 years of being away from WA we are back and I am ready to get back into my passion for fishing. I am 65 years old, have a 12 ft boat but need a used trailer to haul it around so until then I have been fishing from shore or docks on lakes. Started refishing the middle of last summer and would like to expand my fishing experiences this year. I live in Spanaway, WA but travel around to fish. Wish my hubby liked to fish. I love fishing, camping, sewing, crafts, woodcrafts, gardening, walking in the woods. I have my own worm box that I keep going year round so I have them to fish with. I am open to suggestions in how I fish...never too old to learn new things. Thanks for you time and this site. Happy fishing everyone!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:43 am

Welcome to WaLakes.

Spanaway lake is good for the most part, been years since I fished it.

What kind of boat, and so what kind of trailer are you looking for? A real boat trailer, or a flat trailer that you can put the boat on? Or a trailer that you can deck with plywood and make a flat trailer for the boat?
Tom.

Interests: living

Lindajean
Angler

Post by Lindajean » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:26 am

A real boat trailer...one that I can launch the boat by myself if needed that isn't too hard to use. Thanks for asking. An easy loader or something of that sort.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:10 am

Lindajean wrote:A real boat trailer...one that I can launch the boat by myself if needed that isn't too hard to use. Thanks for asking. An easy loader or something of that sort.
Welcome

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/boa/4877085671.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/boa/4874463476.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/boa/4871778517.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I started with a $25 leaker I bought from my neighbor that had to be put in the back of the truck. My fishing buddy (son) decided he wanted to live with his aunt in Ore. So I bought a 12 foot boat and trailer almost the same boat as I got from my neighbor for $275. They asked more but I talked 'em down a bit. I did not want to be held back from fishing for waiting on a fishing buddy. That was at the end of the season and a few years ago.

I was looking on craiglist and for what a trailer by itself sells for one could almost buy one with a boat and then sell the extra boat...or keep it just in case!
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

nwflycaster
Petty Officer

Post by nwflycaster » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Hello everyone, new member (Jeff) from Woodinville here.

Between being a small business owner, husband (the dreaded honey-do list), a dad of three and a fan of several hobbies. I don't get as much time to go fishing as I would like. Now that the kids are getting older and find friends more fun than dad, I'm getting a bit more time to do my own thing again. For the last several years my only fishing has been once a summer for a week, I would take one of the kids and go visit my parents who summer on Vancouver Island and do some salmon fishing on the west coast of the island.

As for other hobbies you'll find me at the shooting range 2 - 3 times a week (rifle, pistol and bow), skiing, kayaking and taking family vacations to someplace warm and tropical.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:22 am

Welcome to Northwest Fishing Reports!
This is great website that can help you find you way into fishing as your time permits, I have learned a ton here.
I am also am avid (I was till FS 62 shut down) shooter. Which range do you go to?
Scott G

nwflycaster
Petty Officer

Post by nwflycaster » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the welcome.
My home range is WCW Kenmore, but I travel to Bellingham, Cascade, Paul Bunyan, Snoqualmie Valley, Spokane and TRRC for matches sometimes. What kind of shooting do you do?

Jeff

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:00 pm

Hey Jeff,
I have never shot in/on a range since boyscouts. I'm not a match shooter although I do have one entry level competition target pistol, a Berretta Neos. I have always gone to the woods to do my shooting but that seems to be becoming a thing of the past, that is why I asked about which range you shoot at as I may have to become a range shooter to get my shooting in without having to travel prohibitive distanse to shoot in the woods. I would not mind learning about match shooting. I shoot just for fun. I get some good sheetmetal scraps from my work that make great targets (I take these back to work and recycle) I shoot 9 MM, 22 LR, 25 Auto, .223 and a 16 gauge shotgun that was my Grandfathers. I also Have a 8 MMX 54 Mauser that I have never shot yet, that was my Grandfathers as well.

Scott G

Myra My-My
Angler

Post by Myra My-My » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Hello Everyone!!

NAME: My name is Myra & my awesome husband is Doug (he is not much for computers...lol)

HOBBIES: Fishing, kayaking, boating, hanging out with our 3 dogs: 11 year old Husky-Koda, 2- 8 year old Austrailian Sheppards, Boots & Aries (love us some doggies!!)

WHAT YOU DO: Owner of Fitness Equipment Drs, Inc (repair fitness equipment & sales)

FAVORITE SPECIES TO FISH FOR: All fish (but love the BIG ONES, that fight hard!

WHERE DO YOU FISH THE MOST: deer lake, loon lake, waits lake

HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN FISHING: Both of us have been fishng since age 6:)

HOW YOU GOT INTRODUCED TO FISHIHNG: My dad introduced fishing to me, I think he handed me a pole when I was born:) & my hubby's grandpa introduced it to him & took him fishing all the time- we have been married 25+ yrs & still FISHING!!!

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR NOT FISHING: WORK! We also like to take long walks, bike ride, use our fitness equipment, & spend time together & with our doggies:)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:36 am

Myra My-My wrote:Hello Everyone!!

NAME: My name is Myra & my awesome husband is Doug (he is not much for computers...lol)

HOBBIES: Fishing, kayaking, boating, hanging out with our 3 dogs: 11 year old Husky-Koda, 2- 8 year old Austrailian Sheppards, Boots & Aries (love us some doggies!!)

WHAT YOU DO: Owner of Fitness Equipment Drs, Inc (repair fitness equipment & sales)

FAVORITE SPECIES TO FISH FOR: All fish (but love the BIG ONES, that fight hard!

WHERE DO YOU FISH THE MOST: deer lake, loon lake, waits lake

HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN FISHING: Both of us have been fishng since age 6:)

HOW YOU GOT INTRODUCED TO FISHIHNG: My dad introduced fishing to me, I think he handed me a pole when I was born:) & my hubby's grandpa introduced it to him & took him fishing all the time- we have been married 25+ yrs & still FISHING!!!

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR NOT FISHING: WORK! We also like to take long walks, bike ride, use our fitness equipment, & spend time together & with our doggies:)
Welcome!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:27 am

Welcome new members. Myra My-My, just curious, did you hear about us at the Big Horn Show. I need to justify the big bucks we pay out for shows!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

mymannin
Petty Officer

Post by mymannin » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:28 am

My name is Myles.. 37 and live in Puyallup area. Fishing/hunting is a way to unplug and get away. My 3 kids love it as well and some of my best days are when they are catching fish and I never get a chance to tough a rod doing the baiting, tying, driving and netting...

My dad introduced me to hunting/fishing before I was old enough to remember. My kids have been on the boat in back packs and out there before they knew better as well. Their were a few years there where it wasn't the most fun for them, but now that they are older they love it.

I fish the local rivers because they are close, but love to get away to Eastern WA lakes or coastal rivers when time allows. A favorite of the kids is still Riffe Lake. Tons of fish and in the summer they can get some tubing and beach time in as well...

I'd love to learn more about Chelan. Fished it once and took home 5 or 6 lakers, didn't go after the Kok's but would like to go back.

I love the site and the tips people are willing to share.

Myra My-My
Angler

Post by Myra My-My » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:03 pm

Mike Carey wrote:Welcome new members. Myra My-My, just curious, did you hear about us at the Big Horn Show. I need to justify the big bucks we pay out for shows!

Hey Mike,

No not the Big Horn Show, we found you thru the internet looking for fishing reports (actually for a few years now, just learning our way around the blog stuff:) We love all the reports!! Thanks, My-My

rknott
Angler

Post by rknott » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Background: Ron Knott, I live in Renton. I like to fish lake Washington because I can be in the water in about 10 minutes and can easily get back home after a morning of fishing to spend the day with my family (3 kids: 7, 9, and 13).

I started fishing with my grandpa before I can remember. My best fishing memories are with my grandpa. We went fishing together on opening day every year until I turned 20 years old. We fished with the crazies on Williams and Badger lake in eastern Washington. We also fished lake Coeur d'Alene for kokanees all summer where we had a family cabin. In high school I got interested in bass/pike fishing. My dad bought me an old 1960 Hewscraft 12 ft aluminum boat when I was 12. I stuck a piece of plywood across the top of the bench seats so it would be more like a bass boat. I still have it.

I recently sold my 2001 Northwood (made by Smokercraft) 16' aluminum with a walkthrough windshield that I bought in 2002. Was a great boat for our family. I am very excited for my new Lund 165 Rebel Sport to arrive that is being built. Much better boat! This will be the first boat I own that is loaded the way I want instead of what I could afford. Will have an iPilot 24v electric motor, Lowrance Elite 7 with downscan/sonar, second finder on the bow, 5HP kicker, electric downriggers . . . . Had to stick with a small 16' so I can fit it in my garage and store inside.

FAVORITE SPECIES TO FISH FOR: Whatever I haven't caught recently. For years it has been catch and release bass in Washington and Pike/bass in Coeur d'Alene. I like taking the family out for kokes in CDA and Lake Meridian in Kent when local. I am now interesting in fishing for cuts in Lake Wash. Have only done it once and caught just a 5lb king that obviously had to go back. Am also interested sound fishing out of Tacoma and lake trout in Chelan.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Welcome! How's the kokanee fishing on CDA?

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

rknott
Angler

Post by rknott » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Stunk last summer when I tried last. To be honest though, I didn't put much time or effort in because I would rather bass/pike fish. I typically go kokanee fishing with the wife and she wasn't very interested last year. When she was interested she wanted to go in the middle of the day and I don't have as much luck at that time. Plus, our cabin is down in Windy Bay. Seems like it has been getting progressively worse and worse every year for about the last 30 years down there. When it gets bad enough I start getting creative, put some extra effort in, try some new things, and it starts to pick up again for me. :-)

Hold'em Hook
Angler

Post by Hold'em Hook » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Howdy,
My name is Rick, I'm 32 years old and currently live in Bow, WA. with my wife and dog. I was born and raised in Georgia, spent three years stationed at Fort Campbell, KY with the 101st Airborne division (Army) and moved here in 2012. I've been a bass fisherman as long as I can remember, fished in several catfish and carp tournaments back home, but since moving out here and having access to y'all's cold water fish my head has been spinning.

I really enjoy catching salmon in the salt when I get the chance, only done a little bottom fishing in Neah Bay thus far, but would like to land some lingcod and halibut, and honestly anything else in the salt for that matter. Currently, I have a 12' Duraboat, Evinrude 9.9 main and 30# Minn Kota on a transom mounted foot controller that rips lips pretty well in the smaller lakes. I fish Lake Samish and Clear Lake the most, fished Big Lake, Cavenaugh, and McMurray a handful of times, and will probably work a few more local lakes this year as well. Probably going to mount an old fathom master to the rig and try my hand at the kokanee fishery…too many options out here (not complaining a bit!)

When I'm not fishing, I'm doing something. I'm an avid hunter (deer, elk, duck, turkey. etc.), enjoy long range shooting, traveling, backpacking, long walks on the beach…. Y'all get the picture. I've dug around this site since I moved here (along with a few others) trying to wrap my head around the varying amounts of lingo, methods and tackle, and feel I now know enough to get me in trouble. I'm sure I've bumped into a few of y'all at the launch or on the water. It's hard to miss that bright yellow Duraboat!

I do want to say thank you for everyone's willingness to give advice and help out the fellow angler. I can honestly say I've learned a great deal from this site and it's members. Good luck on the water and tight lines.

-Rick

ifightnerdz
Angler

Post by ifightnerdz » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Hey Everyone,

My Name is Adam. I live in Eastern Washington with my wife and three children (1, 3 and 5). I used to fish a lot when I was younger. My Dad had a Hewes Craft and we would fish walleye all up and down Lake Roosevelt. My wife is in college and I work full time so it has been tough finding time to take the kids out fishing. So far we have done a few shore fishing spots on Roosevelt and a few of the kids only fishing lakes in the area. My oldest is about that age where he is going to be getting really excited about fishing and targeting fish so for the last 6 months I have been stockpiling kokanee gear. Many lakes here have "reasonable" boat rental prices. This wednesday we are headed to Loon Lake north of Spokane for our first trip! I hope that this fun will extend to my two youngest as they grow older as well.

We are also avid wild mushroom hunters and rock hounds. We hunt for Morels, Corals, Porcinni, Lobster, Oyster, Chantrelle and when none of those are up we try to find some agates!

Seadog92
Angler

Post by Seadog92 » Tue May 26, 2015 5:42 pm

My name is Paul and I live in Tacoma. My hobby is smoking meats, making sausage and bacon, and fishing. I just retired, and am looking forward to fishing every week with my granddaughter who's 3.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:14 am

Seadog92 wrote:My name is Paul and I live in Tacoma. My hobby is smoking meats, making sausage and bacon, and fishing. I just retired, and am looking forward to fishing every week with my granddaughter who's 3.
Welcome to NW Fishing Reports!