NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Fishing-Newbee
Angler

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Fishing-Newbee » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:23 pm

Greetings Wise and Learned Anglers!

Name: Doug
Hobbies: Computer Flight-sims, reading, travel, music, anything aviation-related
What You Do: I just retired from the US Air Force after 26 years!
How Long You Have Been Fishing I've only fished 3-4 times before in my entire life
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing
Your Favorite Picture: Chinatown, with Jack Nicholson

I recently retired from the US Air Force, and I've been promising myself for sometime that I woulod learn how to fish. I'm relatively new to Washington State, and one of the many reasons I chose to settle here was the great fishing. Like I mentioned above, I've only fished before about 3-4 times. The last time was with my wife in Flagstaff, AZ (neither of us caught anything). So, I've got a lot to learn about fishing, but I'm willing to learn. I'm getting my license tomorrow, and looking forward to hitting a lake or two shortly thereafter.

Any knowledge you can pass along to this rookie will be greatly appreciated or if I can tag along on one of your fishing trips to learn "how to fish" would be great also!

Good luck fishing!

Doug

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:37 am

hiya folks, my name is mike u., shippermike to alot of folks. i work in seattle, but, go to the tri-cities every week-end.
i p[lay softball, hunt, fish, and, handicap horse races. im a warehouse manager for a distributer of slabs of quartz for countertops.
im a walleye, bass, trout fisherdude. although, i fish for everything year round. my favorite is smallmouth bass. i fish the columbia, the snake, but, our alltime favorite is potholes res. i grew up on this manmade lake. my grandfather was the director of the bureau of reclaimation that built the res., and , the whole columbia basin irrigation project, so, i grew up on the res., as well as, the seep lakes near othello. my two grandfathers introduced me to fishing, and my dad and uncles kept the flame burning. i would like to meet anybody that would like to fish potholes, without, paying for a guide. i know the res. inside and out, and would enjoy showing folks where the bass, walleye, perch, and trout are at. i can be reached thru here or [email protected]. glad to meet everyone, hope to see ya out there BUSTING LIPS!!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:38 pm

Reposted pics per the "Supreme Overlord" Hmmmmmmm should I change my handle to the "Grand High Poo Bah".............. But then there are some fine handles to be had from the movie "Flesh Gordon"......... o:)
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:06 am

Name: Paul
Hobbies: Fishing of course, video games, sports
What You Do: Construction Inspector
How Long you Have Been Fishing: Since I was three.
How You Got Introduced to Fishing: My Dad
Where I fish: Lake Washington and Sammamish

I grew up fishing at Kalamazoo, MI, home of KVD, I wish I could follow his foot steps, but that's not going to happen. I moved out here a few years ago for a job, was pretty excited to hear there was good bass fishing. I'm still learning these west coast tactics.

Here's my favorite picture, caught this bass at Lake Forks, TX, went for 7lb 11oz (personal best).
Attachments
side_view_of_7lb_4oz.jpg
side_view_of_7lb_4oz.jpg (48.17 KiB) Viewed 8121 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:40 am

Welcome aboard kzoo, nice bass by the way!
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

felts_jf
Warrant Officer

Post by felts_jf » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:04 am

Name: Jason Felts
Hobbies: Fishing, Hunting, Golf, Nitro RC Trucks, 4 Wheel Drives, Outdoors
What You Do: C-17 Mechanic in the USAF
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass, Crappie, Catfish, Bluegill
Where You Fish The Most: Anywhere
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Since I was 5
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My Dad
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Fight the Global War on Terrorism
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:01 pm

Name: Jon Williams
Hobbies: Fishing, golf, softball, spending time with my wife and 3 kids (not in that order)
What You Do: Puget Sound Energy
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass, Trout
Where You Fish The Most: Sammamish, Pine, Beaver, Yellow
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Since I was 8
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Dad
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work, play Dad, eat, sleep (dream about fishing)
Your Favorite Picture: Hands down...Saving Private Ryan and Full Metal Jacket

Great site. I love it here.

Thanks guys!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

krafty1
Petty Officer

Post by krafty1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:33 pm

Name: Jason
Hobbies: Fishing, Golf, Hiking, camping
What You Do: Sales Rep(I handle 3 states Washington,Idaho and Montana.....great for my fishing habit.
Favorite Species To Fish For: Anything that swims from crappie to Halibut
Where You Fish The Most: I actually rotate spots a lot.
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Since I was 3
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: my dad (R.I.P) I grew up in North Bend WA and fished for steelhead and lake trout. We used to have our annual Alaska King trips. I really miss those days.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Being a good dad to my two kids (8,4) and keeping out of trouble with my wife of almost 13 years! HAHAHA She is great a great wife and my best friend.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:53 pm

Welcome to the WL.com family guys.

Where are all the new members. I see a ton of new people but nobody's posting up and introducing themselves.
Tell us a little bit about yourselves gentlemen and ladies.
Let's have this post be the first one over a 1000 views. :bounce:
This has been an awesome thread so far. Keep it up with the great introductions and pix.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jim Ramey
Angler

Post by Jim Ramey » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:28 am

Hello,
Jim Ramey here,Fifty, Fernhill district of Tacoma, Local #252 Laborer. Take sweetheart (Jeanie) out in our 1980 Delta dinosaur motorhome towing eleven foot Pleasurecraft fiberglass jon boat. Posted some reports couple years ago. Computer up and died. Recently got this new one up and clicking. Great to be back. Suppose some of you might have noticed us backing down area boat ramps with a ten foot piece of plastic water pipe tied to the back of the boat's trailer. Shows where it is going.

Mostly day trips hit different lakes up to an hour or driving distance from the house. Enjoyed Riversbend (Nisqually River), Ike Kinswa (Mayfield Lake), and Lake Silvia State Parks fishing campouts. Mostly we are using spoons tipped with worms or cocktail shrimp. Never limit out. Won't store fish besides in our live tank to decide which ones go back in the water and which get cleaned. Mostly fry in olive oil with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Sooner out of the water into a pan the better.

Might be breaking into the piggy bank to get into a more comfortable boat. Especially during speed boat weather. Furiously bailing out after catching a wake wave over the bow makes us more inclined to early spring and fall fishing expediations.

Cheers,
Jim Ramey

Proverb
Warrant Officer

Post by Proverb » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:36 pm

Hello Everyone :)

Name: Adam
Hobbies: To many...
What You Do: Veteran now full time student.
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass
Where You Fish The Most: Snake River
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Just started this year!

I'm pretty new to fishing so I don't understand a lot of the terms people use. I really enjoy fishing having just started this year everything is kind of new and exciting. I love bass fishing the most because they give a good fight, but I caught a carp (and let it go) the other day and that was one hell of a fight to get my lure back and really fun. I mostly fish on the Snake river because it's only a 20 minute drive from my house.

Jo
Petty Officer

Post by Jo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:16 pm

Name: Jo
Loc: Tacoma
Hobbies: bass fishing
Job: medical
Been fishing: 35 yrs or so
Fish Mostly: bass lakes close to home or the Pot holes/seep lakes but not often enough

I was on this forum 6 or 7 yrs ago and have had a son and daughter since then. I have been taking my 6 yr old son fishing since age two but now I see how quick time is going and I need to step up to the plate or boat step and take hime out atleast once a week. At age three he fished for 9 hrs at Kapowson without a complaint that is until he lost Mr. Plankton casting weight. I didn't mention at age 2 he was blown up at Leland lake in Mason by the battery on the rental boat. Thanks for the lake reports and the new web design is great.Jo

martekk42
Petty Officer

Post by martekk42 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:47 am

Name Tom
age 44
Loc: Kent Wa
hobbies: fishing
Job: Machine operater
fishin since i was a kid..
Love to fish ,does not matter what for as long as I am fishin. From Wi . Been in Wa for just over 2 yrs and getting back into fishing again.. The rules are huge here but trying to get used to it .. I am trying to get into the salmon fishing here and want to try saltwater pretty bad .. In time I know I will.. All I have right now is an inflatable pontoon boat . But hey it works good for now and I can take it most anyplace..Been spending alot of time at Lake sawyer .. Good smallies there as well as some very large trout. Biggest trout so far from there is a 5lber and a smallie at 5lbs as well.. no real pics to prove it . But its the truth all on ultra light tackle.. Love the fight its what I think we all love most of all.. If ya ever want to hook up I will see what I can do... Just drop me a line .... always looking for a friend to go out with.. Fishing is always better when you have someone to go with ..
Have a great day

Mblake
Petty Officer

Post by Mblake » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:00 am

Name: Micah
Loc: Spokane
Hobbies: Gaming, Hiking, Movies, TV, and Fishing
Job: Glassblower
Been fishing: For about a week, prior fishing experience when I was younger
Fish Mostly: Bass and Trout

I recently bought a starter set at Wal-Mart on a whim when I found out I would be going to a lake to visit my girlfriends parents while they were camping. The lake at the private camping area wasn't big, but I fell in love with fishing. I was like a kid again, there wasn't many people around so I sat at the end of the dock with my feet in the lake. Caught fish after fish but they were all small. Used YUM powerbait. I have been looking around on the web for fishing clubs in or around Spokane but haven't found any. I'm broke most of the time so no boat for me lol. This seems like a great site and I'll try to report all of my fishing experiences. I plan to fish as much as I can since I have that freedom, just don't know where any good spots are because I'm new to Spokane and don't know the area.

Skippyh2o
Angler

Post by Skippyh2o » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:48 am

Name: Steve, but my friends call me SKIP
Hobbies: Snowmobiles, hiking, camping, quads, boats and anything that burns dinosaurs. And I like to fix stuff, if its broke I can fix it! :cheers:
What You Do: Work for a city agency.
How Long You Have Been Fishing: My entire life.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad & grandpa.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Quad at the dunes or snowmobile.
Your Favorite Picture: Me stuck on a tree with my Ski-doo.

:cyclopsan

A buddy just bought a 18' smokercraft "sportsman" and have been wanting to get back into fishing again. Nows my chance. Been 10 years or more since I've bought a fish license, pathetic huh! I've lived on Lake Tapps for 10 years and never dropped a line into the water until July 22nd 2007.:-k
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friendship is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
Did someone say, "tiger muskie?"

mmullin
Angler

Post by mmullin » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:20 pm

Name Michael Mullin
Age 43 - I think
Location Suncrest/Nine Mile Falls - on Long Lake
Hobbies Boating, Fishing, RVing, pretty much anything outdoors.
What You Do Mortgage Consultant - www.theloanconsultant.com
Favorite Species To Fish For Trout, Bass, Stiped Bass
Where You Fish The Most I just moved to WA so I don't have a "most" yet although I'm living on Long Lake so I suppose that will be it.
How Long You Have Been Fishing Whole life.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing Dropping a small piece of cheese on a hook into high mountain streams in Yosemite, CA while backpacking with dad.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing Help people buy a home or refinance into a better loan.

I'm a native of Northern California but spent the last three years sweltering in the desert. Las Vegas is loved by many but it actually got too HOT at Lake Mead last summer and the kids refused to go boating again. I never believed it could be too hot on a lake until I experienced it myself. I quit my job in May and spent the next two months touring Oregon, Idaho, and WA before the family decided Spokane was the place to settle.

So far I've just seen small parts of Coeur d'Alene and Pend Oreille and can't wait to explore. The boat is docked out back on Long Lake so I'll do most of my fishing/boating here. Anyone with tips for Long Lake, please feel free to weigh in.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the water!

Mike

PS - I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere else on the web site - but if not - the Fish Sniffer members in CA use 5 stars on their boats to signify membership. It makes it pretty easy to identify a fellow Sniffer on the water. Maybe something like that could be used with this group.

troutkilla
Angler

Post by troutkilla » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:25 pm

Name : Hillary
Hobbies: Anything that involves being outdoors!
What You Do: College, work, party.
Favorite Species To Fish For: Anything I can get!
Where You Fish The Most: Usually a body of water...
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Since last summer.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad - my first experience with fishing was when I got too close to him casting and he hooked me in my eyelid.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work, school, play - repeat.
Your Favorite Picture:

My first "fish" ever! It's pretty tiny, I know - I threw him back.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. ~Author Unknown

corvettefanatic1979
Angler

Post by corvettefanatic1979 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:40 pm

hey hows it going? Im Jordan

Name: Jordan

Hobbies: Fishing, working on cars

What You Do: painter

Favorite Species To Fish For: Freshwater: Bass and Trout, Saltwater: Salmon

Where You Fish The Most: alot of lakes

How Long You Have Been Fishing: 10yrs

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: my dad introduced it to me

What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: working on cars

Etc: I have a black 1979 Corvette

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:05 pm

Welcome to the fishing family guys.
Amazing response. Over a 1000 views and almost a 100 replies. WOW!
Keep em coming.
Let's here from you.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rooscooter
Warrant Officer

Post by Rooscooter » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:51 pm

Name: Mike Williams
Hobbies: Fly fishing, fly tying, astronomy, scuba, woodworking and travel.
What do you do: I own an Architectural firm in the Spokane area. I also am a partner in an investment company.
I am married and have 3 daughters: 20, 17 and YOU'RE WHAT!!! (5 years old)
I target mostly trout these days.
I have been fishing since age 5. I started fly fishing at 15 when I got a job with a Sun Valley guide service as a grunt on guided Salmon River excursions. Fly fishing is all I do know unless I am going after some large saltwater game which isn't very often.
At this point I have to fit fishing in between the family and the businesses. I usually get out once a week or so. I usually fish the area lakes with emphasis on Amber, Badger, Fan, the Horseshoes and Fish Lake.

I usually get to the Owyhee River (on the Oregon/Idaho/Nevada boarders) once a year for the spring hatches with some old friends.

I grew up in the Boise area and attended both Boise State (on a Football scholarship) and University of Idaho (when I got serious). I have been in the Spokane area for 22 years now (wow has it been that long!?).

Next.......
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.