BANK FISHING

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
nichalos82
Angler

BANK FISHING

Post by nichalos82 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Anybody know of any "secret" bank fishing spots? I have a feeling is going to be a long-time before I get a boat! All those well-known spots get so flooded with people that you can't hardly get line in the water. So I was looking for any tips on where to fish to get in and have a better chance of producing a catch as you would from a boat with regards to size and quantity (on a good day of fishing obviously). Types: trout, bass, catfish (not bullhead), and I would also like to get into some steelhead and salmon. This is new territory for me with a couple new species of fish!!!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:BANK FISHING

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:20 am

Nicholas, you might want to put this thread into the "River fishing" section of the forum. Since you are asking about Secret River Bank spots. Good luck though....... that is why they call them "Secret" spots. :-" I'd throw something your way,, but my limited river fishing is at all the usually popular holes.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Don't hold your breath on getting any "secret" spots revealed (especially in a public forum such as this).
Practice close quarters casting (close quarters as in between trees/bushes, not people) and don't be afraid to strike out on your own. That way even if the "well known" spots are taken you can find your own "secret" spots.:cheers:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

nichalos82
Angler

Post by nichalos82 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:15 pm

I thought about that after the post Gringo and will do Quadfather...thanks

newbe04
Angler

Post by newbe04 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:57 pm

there is a lesser *at least I think it is* known bank fishing on Lake Ballinger in Shoreline. It is on the west side, you cant see it because the island hides it. It is public, it has one bench and lilly pads are a pain. But if you cast straight out about 30+/- feet. The trout love to hang out. I think there is a hole and a pipe that dumps right there. Use Pink Berkley Bait, and about a 24-30" leader. all the fish I have gotten from that lake is from that spot. Good luck! Matt

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:13 am

newbe04 wrote:there is a lesser *at least I think it is* known bank fishing on Lake Ballinger in Shoreline. It is on the west side, you cant see it because the island hides it. It is public, it has one bench and lilly pads are a pain. But if you cast straight out about 30+/- feet. The trout love to hang out. I think there is a hole and a pipe that dumps right there. Use Pink Berkley Bait, and about a 24-30" leader. all the fish I have gotten from that lake is from that spot. Good luck! Matt
That was the boat launch, circa. pre 1975. Before the park on the other side was ever built.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:36 am

For trout I'd say try some creeks and rivers that aren't going to be flooded with guys fishing for steelhead and salmon during the summer. I'm sure you'll be able to get into a few trout. I have kind of a "secret" spot but it looks like it's been fished some but pretty much every cast I was getting a bite throwing spinners until they got scared off. I'd just go to a different spot for 30 minutes or so and fish that until the fish stopped biting there and went to the other spot again and caught more cutts. Had people that were walking by me saying "what, there's actually fish in there?" For catfish you'll pretty much have to go to eastern wa for catfish, only places in western wa I know of for catfish are Swofford Pond and Harts Lake. Also there's a reason why there's a bunch of people fishing in one area for steelhead or salmon, because those areas are for the most part the only places and most productive to get into some of the fish. Good luck in finding some places though, I'm sure there is some holes on rivers that there won't be much people.