Secret bass lakes

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bassassassin0
Angler

Re: Secret bass lakes

Post by bassassassin0 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:42 am

Here are a few small bass ponds in the snohomish/king county area...some have names some don't...

Moss Lake-Out in Duvall, no boat launch, 100-200 yards from parking lot to the shoreline so a float tube is doable as well as a canoe, but definately be ready for a long haul if using a canoe. its about 3-5 acres very maryshy habitat. My buddy caught a 4 lb LM there 2 years ago and hear some of the locals talk of 6-8 lb bass they've caught. Have also seen 6-8 lb bass numerous times there. My advice is to fish either extremely deep or extremely shallow on this lake as the weedlines have not yielded many fish...if you go to the south end of the lake you will see the numerous spawning beds carved out by the bass over the years, some 2-4 feet deep, more like trenches. There are no other sports fish in here besides bass. No trout, never seen any perch or anything so I'm assuming they feed heavily on crawfish. Check it out, very peaceful, no houses on the lake.

522 Bridge Pond-I know you've all seen it, but there is a lake off the east side of 522 just as you cross the bridge, tons of lilly pads. This lake actually has bass in it and is fun to fish if you like hazard fishing like I do. Not for your novice angler, bring your weedless rigs, heavy weights, frogs and your float tube.

Downtown Bothell Pond-There is a tiny, teeny, fishing pond right off of 228th down in bothell right by the 405 overpass. I don't know if its private, I fished it one day and caught some dinks, but it looks like great fishing to me check it out.

lumpdog005
Petty Officer

Post by lumpdog005 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:58 am

Probably not much of a secret, but I have taken my kids for many evening Bass-o Rama adventures ate the ponds next to Mini park on 200th in Lynnwood. I have seen a couple large bass, but they are too smart to bite anything I have. But lot's of smalls.

Pontooner80
Angler

Post by Pontooner80 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:40 am

Found a secret pond near Boeing in Everett. All I will say is its on a local aerospace companies land and it has "Video surveillance no trespassing" signs everywhere, proceed with caution and be discreet or just don't go lol. Its a nice sized pond with plenty of shore access, first 3 casts produced a dink and a nice fish. Fished for an hour and landed 5 fun bass!