Secret bass lakes

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RB
Warrant Officer

RE:Secret bass lakes

Post by RB » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:41 am

Heading I-5 south from ft. lewis area right before the nisqually river there is a watershed/pond on the left side inbetween i-5 s and n. Has tons of structure but was wondering if anyone was daring enough to fish that area?

TravisRush
Commander

Post by TravisRush » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:09 pm

RB! WOW! I was thinking the same thing as you! On either side of !-5...it has pretty legit cover...just have no idea how to get down there...float tube would work well! You HAVE to try and get there and see how you do. I have not seen one person ever in there, so it could be a decent hole.

RB
Warrant Officer

Post by RB » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:50 pm

TravisRush wrote:RB! WOW! I was thinking the same thing as you! On either side of !-5...it has pretty legit cover...just have no idea how to get down there...float tube would work well! You HAVE to try and get there and see how you do. I have not seen one person ever in there, so it could be a decent hole.
I am glad I'm not the only person that was crazy enough to think about fishing that spot. I think when it heats up I'll grow enough balls to fish there. I think it'll be easiest to go on the I-5 N side and pull off to the shoulder or have my gf drop me off.
Will be sure to make a report about it.

RB

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:57 pm

RB wrote:
TravisRush wrote:RB! WOW! I was thinking the same thing as you! On either side of !-5...it has pretty legit cover...just have no idea how to get down there...float tube would work well! You HAVE to try and get there and see how you do. I have not seen one person ever in there, so it could be a decent hole.
I am glad I'm not the only person that was crazy enough to think about fishing that spot. I think when it heats up I'll grow enough balls to fish there. I think it'll be easiest to go on the I-5 N side and pull off to the shoulder or have my gf drop me off.

RB
I have looked hard for a way but there is NO WAY to get to it even if it had 10 pounders jumping it would be to dangerous to get to. My mom taught me not to play on the freeway:bball:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

TheOne
Warrant Officer

Post by TheOne » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:33 pm

racfish wrote:I like Lake Tanwax as a special private fishing lake.Very lil people are on it.Crappie B.G perch trout and bass in it.I dont know when they last poisened it though.The state loves poisining lakes and restocking them.
i have drove by lake tan wax.and looked for a place to fish but i could find one cause of all the houses.but i bet it looks pretty when it is snowy
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:38 pm

bigbasstaz wrote:
RB wrote:

RB
I have looked hard for a way but there is NO WAY to get to it even if it had 10 pounders jumping it would be to dangerous to get to. My mom taught me not to play on the freeway:bball:
Did she say anything about playing on train tracks? LOL

You can park at the end of Mounts Rd and walk across the train tracks and get in that way. Long walk, though, and most people are smart enough not to walk on train tracks. I'm from West Virginia so that doesn't apply to me heh
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:57 am

Is there a chance that the water is al salty from the sound? It looks great but that is my only thought. looks like fun though.!

steve.carn
Petty Officer

Post by steve.carn » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Is this the place you are all talking about?

AaronE wrote:
bigbasstaz wrote:
RB wrote: I am glad I'm not the only person that was crazy enough to think about fishing that spot. I think when it heats up I'll grow enough balls to fish there. I think it'll be easiest to go on the I-5 N side and pull off to the shoulder or have my gf drop me off.

RB
Did she say anything about playing on train tracks? LOL

You can park at the end of Mounts Rd and walk across the train tracks and get in that way. Long walk, though, and most people are smart enough not to walk on train tracks. I'm from West Virginia so that doesn't apply to me heh

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:52 pm

steve.carn wrote:Is this the place you are all talking about?

That's the place. I've never fished it but I always give it a long look when I drive down to fish Thurston County.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:40 am

2000subaru wrote:Is there a chance that the water is al salty from the sound? It looks great but that is my only thought. looks like fun though.!
It should be fresh, it's elevation is much higher than the river/delta.

I used to work at Intel right there in DuPont and thought about fishing that pond too. Heavy lilly pads. It would be interesting to know if anything lives in it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

RB
Warrant Officer

Post by RB » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:58 pm

RaMcVey wrote:
2000subaru wrote:Is there a chance that the water is al salty from the sound? It looks great but that is my only thought. looks like fun though.!
It should be fresh, it's elevation is much higher than the river/delta.

I used to work at Intel right there in DuPont and thought about fishing that pond too. Heavy lilly pads. It would be interesting to know if anything lives in it.
I might give it a go when I get back from DC.

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:09 pm

I drive by it everyday,Yes i think about it everytime:bounce: already got the spot known and figured out where to pull off and make the walk down,i do not own a float tube but i could cast that whole place from one spot,i would probably just use a frog and football head with twin tail grub:cheers:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

TravisRush
Commander

Post by TravisRush » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 am

Going down to Longview soon...just got a float tube for cheap...maybe will take the risk?

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:47 pm

Good Fishin Trav,..hope you land a Biggun!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

dubsmcgee
Angler

Post by dubsmcgee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:45 am

ANyone ever fished the pond just north of reardan on 231...I drive by it about once a week and think about fishing it...

wonder if anything lives there...

ckim85
Commander

Post by ckim85 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:51 pm

any updates on if anyone fished that little pond between I5 South and North? Drove right by it couple weeks ago on my way to Cabelas and theres a ton of pads and a ton of structure sunken in the water.

Also, not much of a secret as I've seen it discussed quite a bit and TNJ's had some success out there but Larson Lake by the blueberry farm...anyone catch any hogs out there? I was out there early morning once, caught a small dinky largemouth and saw a giant hog cruise right by the shoreline. I've been meaning to take my pontoon out there but the walk from the parking lot to the lake doens't sound too fun. neither does looking at the muddy lake...

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:21 pm

ckim85 wrote:any updates on if anyone fished that little pond between I5 South and North? Drove right by it couple weeks ago on my way to Cabelas and theres a ton of pads and a ton of structure sunken in the water.

Also, not much of a secret as I've seen it discussed quite a bit and TNJ's had some success out there but Larson Lake by the blueberry farm...anyone catch any hogs out there? I was out there early morning once, caught a small dinky largemouth and saw a giant hog cruise right by the shoreline. I've been meaning to take my pontoon out there but the walk from the parking lot to the lake doens't sound too fun. neither does looking at the muddy lake...
I float tubed Larsen once. Real stinky lake. Lots of silt on the bottom. Smells to high heaven when you launch and also when you try to get out. I say try because it's hard to get out of. The way the water comes up to the grass..there's not really any slope. I kinda had to half crawl out of my tube to get out. Didn't have any luck that day either.

Have tried Larsen from the bank occasionally over the years. Have seen caught or have myself caught small trout, bass, crappie, bullheads, and one really ugly brown trout (yes really). Never caught any big bass there. I'm sure they're in there though.
Suzanne

fishin masta
Warrant Officer

Post by fishin masta » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:11 pm

wow i thought i was the only one to wana try that pond in between the i5 lanes haha someone has to give it a go?
Today she met me at the door, said I would have to choose, if I picked up that fishing rod today, she'd be packing all her things and she'd be gone by noon....well I'm gonna miss her when I get home

ckim85
Commander

Post by ckim85 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:23 pm

hookorcrook: yeah that lake smells pretty rancid. I was fishing off shore and you can see bubbles come up...followed by a strong smell of fart and rottingness. and brown trout?! i saw a guy catch trout of there but i would've never imagined brown trout. my friends and i were bored and spent hours at night sitting at the dock fishing. Our bells went off every once in awhile but no takers :/ I secretly want to drain this entire lake out just to see whats in it.

fishin masta: i drove south and north to see if i can find access but couldn't find anything and I was going to pull over but my girlfriend looked at me like i was insane. looks very shallow though so not sure how productive it would be

Slabking
Petty Officer

Post by Slabking » Mon May 10, 2010 9:32 am

ckim85 wrote:
Also, not much of a secret as I've seen it discussed quite a bit and TNJ's had some success out there but Larson Lake by the blueberry farm...anyone catch any hogs out there?
I've fished that lake years. Largest bass I've ever released there went 5lbs 4ozs. About four years ago I was fishing on the south bank and spotted a solid 8 on a bed under a tree limb. I hardly ever fish for bedded bass but I tried that day [lol]. Couldn't get her to go though. I'd look down the road to Phantom for the trophies. Now the crappie in Blueberry (aka Larsen) are a whole different matter lol. Slabs for sure in there.

Years ago we used to fish a pond near Shadow Lake in Renton. It was at the corner of Sweeny Rd and 204th SE. If you have a pontoon I'd take a look at this place. We've caught some really nice ones from the bank. I have not been there in over 7 years but there used to be pretty good access.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 10, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need to know more about crappie in Washington? Washington Crappie Page